ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Installation
Downloads

Installation Installation, licensing and hardware issues

Old 04-09-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
shivrash is on a distinguished road
Default Unable to install v4.3 &4.32

Hi

We have flexsim network licence for 20 seats...
Flexsim V3.51 & v4.0 were running fine on the server and the nodes.
Then came the Flexsim v4.3, which I got it downloaded from the website..
I have installed v4.3 and the latest drivers on the server as well as nodes... it is working fine on the server but is not able to run on the nodes..
Same is the case with v4.32...
I have tried so many options like uninstalling the whole thing and deleting the folders manually and again reinstalling with latest drivers and the software..
but still it is not working..

The message which pops on the nodes is

"There is an error in accessing the hardware key.
The Nethasp error code is 15"

The funny thing here is if I install v3.50 and v4.0 , it still works on both the SERVER and the NODES but it does not with v4.3 and v4.32

I have forwarded this problem to my suppliers who in turn have sent to US .. Its more than a month now, but the problem is not solved... My supplier tells that he is waiting 4 a reply from the US counterparts...
Kindly help...
Old 04-09-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Are you providing the right version code under License Activation?

One other thing you can try is to add nethasp.ini to Flexsim4\program.
In the nethasp.ini you need to point to your server. I think
there is a nethasp.ini file under the directory where you have installed
the server manager, that you can use.

Hope this can help you.

Lars-Olof
Old 04-09-2008
Flexsim User

Yes, i have tried all these options but in vain...

I m giving the correct code... server is working fine for bothe v4.3 & 4.32.. nodes are not working
i have already made use of latest hasp drivers, made changes to nethasp file but is not so use ful..
ne ways thanx 4 help

any more suggestions...
Old 04-09-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Check this also.

Do you have nay more hardware keys from Aladdin attached to the server? If, yes try to remove it and try again.
Check if the License Manager is running and you have a rule in the firewall that allows you to connect to the server.

Remember that if you run the License Manager as an application and you logout, the license manager will stop running.

If none of this is not working I am out of idea's.

Lars-Olof
The Following User Says Thank You to Lars-Olof Leven For This Useful Post:
shivrash (05-07-2008)
Old 04-09-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 5
Brenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to all

Did you try installing the network files that are shown under the new download?

The Following User Says Thank You to Brenton King For This Useful Post:
shivrash (05-07-2008)
Old 04-09-2008
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Error Code 15 is:
No active HASP License Manager was found.

It seems that either the nethasp.ini file is not configured properly to point to the right server, there is some type of a firewall blocking the HASP port, or the license manager isn't running. We have also seen problems where the hasp license manager isn't the right version (although usually that prints a different error). Have you tried re-installing the latest license manager (this is different than installing hasp drivers)? It can be accessed at: http://www.aladdin.com/support/hasp.aspx.

Actually, I believe the license manager install is included in the network files Brenton mentioned, but if that doesn't work, you can try getting it straight from the source, as their installs might be more up-to-date than ours.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
shivrash (05-07-2008)
Old 05-07-2008
Flexsim User

Thank u all 4 ur suggestions n help..

Problem is solved now.....

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unable to move the view by left-click dragging? Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 0 08-03-2007 10:01 AM