ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-22-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0
Alberto Serra is on a distinguished road
Question Push logic for warehouses

Hi everybody!
I'm here again to ask you a new issue about racks and transports.
I need to transport items from a warehouse every hour.
My warehouse collects messages from processors which are "calling" it if their buffer reaches a specific value.
I want a transporter that starts every our and feeds the processors with items spent during processing.
What kind of control can i use to do that?
Are there some default options in Flexsim to implement "Push Logic" for warehouses?
Thank you all!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberto Serra For This Useful Post:
yang shenlong (10-23-2009)
Old 10-23-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Hello Alberto,

I am not sure if I really understand your problem, but I will still try to answer...
Do your processors send a msg to the wharehouse on the hour, so when a transporter has to start collecting new items for the processor? Is your warehouse a rack, or do you have a warehouse with several racks?
You could close the input port of the processor (or a queue in front) when all items for the processor have been collected and open the input again when the transporter can start collecting and choose the Send To Port requirement on the racks that is applicable.
There is also a "by time of day" option in the Send To Port Logic of a rack that you might be able to use.
If I did not understand your problem correctly, please attach you model.

Esther

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Push conveyor' possible? Maurits Brandt Q&A 3 07-07-2010 01:58 PM
Question about Transporter Logic Alberto Serra Q&A 3 10-20-2009 06:10 AM
Working Logic of Dispatcher AlanZhang Q&A 6 02-09-2009 10:38 AM
how to get business logic from a model Vinay Mehendiratta Q&A 2 03-06-2008 05:49 PM
Pull Logic Dillema William Proctor Q&A 2 09-14-2007 12:46 PM