ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-06-2010
Student

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Congshi Wang is on a distinguished road
Default objects representing a whole shop floor area

Can I use an object that representates a whole shop floor area. For example I model a whole shop floor area in a separate model. Then in another model I assign this model to a single object. In this way I'll try to build a aggregated model with object that actually are whole shop floor areas. Thanks!
Old 10-06-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried using visual tools as containers for grouping objects into cells/ floor areas?

If you decide that will work for you, here are some tips:
  1. I'd probably invest time to automate the building of any model that uses user-library objects that you might update. That way you can rebuild quickly if you decide to update the structure of an object.
  2. Define the scope of the object to be as self-contained as possible.
  3. Centralize any code that is shared between the objects using User Commands, so if you only change code you don't need to rebuild.
  4. Specify the interfaces to the rest of the model using the ports mapped to internal connections of the visual tool.

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 10-06-2010 at 04:21 AM. Reason: formatting
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Congshi Wang (10-27-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Area/Volume Mapping Naresh Yamani Q&A 2 09-26-2012 05:37 AM
Random generator for Yard Block Area and Transfer Area John Kim Container Terminal (CT) Library 1 09-21-2009 10:59 AM
Transfer Area John Kim Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 09-15-2009 10:20 AM
How to display the conveyors flow on the 2nd and third floor syseo Q&A 2 11-28-2008 03:28 AM