ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-18-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0
Radhakrishnan R is on a distinguished road
Post Feeding source with various demand quantity for 15 different parts

Hi,
In my model, i have 15 different parts and each has different demand quantity for every month and the demand is for one year (from April to March). The above demand will be fed to source at the beginning of every month for all the 15 different parts. These 15 parts are processed in three machines on FIFO basis.

My concern is
1) i want the source to take the demand quantites of 15 parts at the beginning of a month and divide each parts quantity by 2 (value should be rounded off) and the source should fed the first half quantites of 15 parts first and then fed the second half quantites of 15 parts. After completing the first month total demand quantites, the source should take second month quantity and do the above same procedure and the model should run for 12 months.
2)i want the source to read the demand quantites of 15 parts for 12 months from the excel file directly and not from the global table. Is there any flexsim program codes for the above.

Kindly help me out to solve my problem
Thanks
Old 05-21-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough

I guess you have to options:

1) Import the Excel file into a GlobalTable and work with it from there.
Then you can calculate your data and create the corresponding

2) Preprare your Excel file so it's ready to import it directly into the source:
Have a look here: http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=171

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sketchup Hint: Making parts of a skp file show the Flexsim color Phil BoBo Tips and Tricks 9 10-02-2013 09:17 AM
Feeding source with various demand quantity for different parts Radhakrishnan R Q&A 0 05-18-2012 05:58 AM
How to simulate monthly demand scenarios? naren nataraj Tips and Tricks 1 02-29-2012 08:27 AM
How can I find the quantity of the ships after finishing run? syseo Container Terminal (CT) Library 0 02-11-2011 08:22 PM
Demand Simulation manuel fernandez Q&A 2 03-11-2010 07:44 AM