ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-25-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Christian Norregaard will become famous soon enough
Default Returning elevators to a certain position when idle

Hi all.

I am working on simulating a fully automated parking garage, where cars are freighted down into a storage facility on an elevator. I have a problem, which is probably caused by my rather limited experience with FlexSim:

When the elevators are idle, I need them to travel to the top position. (Z=10)

I tried using the OnResourceAvailable trigger to 'Travel to a home location', but I couldn't get it to work. The current destination is
Code:
centerobject(current, 1)
Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to get my elevators to travel up when idle?
Old 10-25-2011
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Christian,

if you want to send it to a home location using that trigger you need to specify the home location:

centerobject(current,1) by default

and the condition to send the guy home:

content(gettasksequencequeue(resource))==0 by default

The condition checks, if the tasksequencequeue of the TE does have any task sequences to fullfill. If it is empty that's the sign to send the guy home, because he is idle

When you don't get it to run with this explanation, please attach a model for us to look at.

Thanks and good luck

Ralf
Flexsim US
Flexsim Germany
The Following User Says Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Christian Norregaard (10-25-2011)

Tags
elevator travel home idle

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Empty & Idle Warehouse at the end of the day Labro Eleni Q&A 3 08-08-2011 04:08 AM
Dispatch task only on idle dispatcher waiting on a certain node shafizad Q&A 12 02-03-2011 01:56 PM
IDLE and EMPTY Lydia Franck Q&A 2 08-05-2010 03:03 AM
How to find the idle time of the job/product? shivrash Q&A 5 04-09-2008 09:01 AM
Set reset position Martijn van Oostenbrugge Q&A 1 02-25-2008 11:48 AM