ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 09-13-2013
FlexSim Brasil

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
mefhsmflexsimbr is on a distinguished road
Question Logic Builder - FlexSim 7.0

Hi guys!
I could no find the logic builder in FlexSim 7.0. Someone may tell me where to find it?
Thanks,
Old 09-16-2013
Flexsim Distributor Italy

Downloads: 66
Luciano will become famous soon enough
Default Basic conveyor in Flexsim 7

I noticed that in Flexsim 7 beta Basic Conveyors can be stopped in usual way but cannot be resumed.
The same bug is present in Flexsim 6 and (it seems to me) in Flexsim 5 too.

In attachment the model I used for this simple test: a couple of user events should stop the BC at time 10 (it works) and resume it at time 15 (it prints an error message in system console and leave the BC stopped).

I hope it could be useful

Regards
Luciano Cavallero
Attached Files
File Type: fsm flexsim7_basicconveyor_testmodel.fsm (15.0 KB, 108 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Luciano For This Useful Post:
Anthony Johnson (09-18-2013)
Old 09-16-2013
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Luciano, it also looks like a version6 'fix' or workaround (attached - just for item kinematics) doesn't work in version 7 - gives a clock overflow.

Does it need the Basicconveyor's stopObject()/resumeObject() to be implemented as it looks like it's inheriting from the standard conveyor (as with v6)?
Attached Files
File Type: fsm JastestBCStop_withModelUnits.fsm (32.4 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 09-16-2013 at 12:22 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Luciano (09-19-2013)
Old 09-18-2013
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefhsmflexsimbr View Post
I could no find the logic builder in FlexSim 7.0. Someone may tell me where to find it?
In version 7 we decided to remove the logic builder for the following reasons:
1. The logic builder was always meant as a "stepping-stone" into writing code, to help people to learn how to write logic. Compared with writing code directly it was tedious. We felt that the new code-helping features included in version 7 like the sampler button and the Library code drag-drop sufficiently replaced the logic builder as a learning tool, while simultaneously supplementing the standard coding environment instead of supplanting it with a completely different UI.
2. From our interactions with users it was seldom used.
3. It had significant problems working with comments and markup.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
syseo (09-20-2013)
Old 09-19-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 56
Hao Zhou will become famous soon enoughHao Zhou will become famous soon enough

Hi Anthony and Phil,

I just find a debugger problem. I have the code below in my trigger.

treenode current = ownerobject(c);
switch(msgparam(1))
{
case 1:
command1();
senddelayedmessage(current, 1, NULL, 2);
break;
case 2:
command2();
senddelayedmessage(current, 1, NULL, 3);
break;
case 3:
command3();
break;
}

I put a debug point at line command1(); I step, hit this point and click "step into". In function command1(), I only have two lines of code. I just click "next line" to go ahead until this function finished. After this function finish, I could expect to go back to my previous function above. But it actually not.

See the attached model.

Thanks,
Hao
Attached Files
File Type: fsm test1.fsm (13.9 KB, 93 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hao Zhou For This Useful Post:
Jorge Toucet (09-19-2013)
Old 09-20-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all
Default modules

Hello,

I want to update my modules to Flexsim 7 (32bit version), but because I was warned that a lot has changed, I started with de module skd instruction. I updated the module sdk before starting the instruction.

First error I had, was after I had added My Cool Pickoption and saved the pristine state. When I opened flexsim again, I got a system error. (see image below). I just started building a model anyhow and it didn't seem to affect this, but I haven't investigated the error or the consequences it could have.

Second I tried to create a dll project and I got some error about not being able to find the attributes_table.h and when I checked the repository, the file seems to have been removed, but not all references to it. VS stops loading the files after attributes_table.h, so de flexsimcontent directory contains only 4 files, preventing it from building correctly.

After I manually add all the other files to the flexsimcontent, I am able to build the dll. I added the beginOffset function and added a myTE object to the libray and everything seems to be working well. After saving the pristine state again, closing and opening Flexsim I get another system error. But ignoring it also doesn't have a severe effect, but again I only build a simple model and did nothing further.

Esther
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	01_systemconsole.png
Views:	837
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	2725   Click image for larger version
Name:	2_VSerror1WhenCreatingFlexsimProject.png
Views:	720
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	2726   Click image for larger version
Name:	3_VSerror2WhenCreatingFlexsimProject.png
Views:	727
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	2727   Click image for larger version
Name:	4_VSerror3WhenCreatingFlexsimProject.png
Views:	747
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	2728   Click image for larger version
Name:	5_systemconsolemsg2.png
Views:	746
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	2729  

Last edited by Esther Bennett; 12-08-2014 at 05:12 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esther Bennett For This Useful Post:
Carsten Seehafer (09-22-2013)
Old 09-20-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Allister Wilson will become famous soon enoughAllister Wilson will become famous soon enough

I just noticed an issue with the animation editor.
A similar issue was present in version 6 but I thought it was worth pointing out.

If you rename a component of the animated object, the animation still plays correctly (unlike in v6) but the keyframes are no longer visible in the editor for that component or its children.

To reproduce : create an operator, open the animation editor, rename the Chest to something else.
The new name is displayed correctly in the keyframe editor, but all the keyframes are gone for the Chest and all its children (neck, arms) and no new keyframes can be created for these components.
The Following User Says Thank You to Allister Wilson For This Useful Post:
Anthony Johnson (09-23-2013)
Old 09-20-2013
Flexsim Distributor Italy

Downloads: 66
Luciano will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Flexsim 7 don't recognize two graphics cards:
- nVIDIA GetForce GTX 555
- ATI FirePro M8900

Flexsim 7 show me that is using OpenGL: GDI Generic, Microsoft Corporation 1.1.0.

On the other side recognize an old nVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/GTX+

All graphics card are installed on machines with Windows 8 64bit / Flexsim 7 64bit.

Any suggestion?
Regards,

Luciano
The Following User Says Thank You to Luciano For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 56
Hao Zhou will become famous soon enoughHao Zhou will become famous soon enough

I get a docked window paradigm problem. For example, I can repeat it by the following steps:

1. I create a new model, drag a source into model.
2. Double click source, go to tab triggers, open OnReset trigger and show it into code editor. But do not docked code editor to anywhere.
3. Save model, close FlexSim.
4. Reopen the model, suspenddraw(0) to show 3D view.
5. Right now, if you want to dock this code editor to somewhere, the docked window paradigm will not work anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hao Zhou For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Hello Hao,

I can prove the same behaviour with the not docked reset-trigger and free floating code window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao Zhou View Post
I get a docked window paradigm problem. For example, I can repeat it by the following steps:
[...]
The DockingGUI stays active in the active views, even if the floating reset trigger code window is closed. I can reopen the dockingGUI again from the view tree. If I destroy the dockingGUI object, the standard behaviour comes back.
If I dock a floating trigger code window to any border and reopen the model, the problem does not occur. Flexsim works normally.

Jörg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Hao Zhou (09-22-2013)
Old 09-22-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther Bennett View Post
Second I tried to create a dll project and I got some error about not being able to find the attributes_table.h and when I checked the repository, the file seems to have been removed, but not all references to it. VS stops loading the files after attributes_table.h, so de flexsimcontent directory contains only 4 files, preventing it from building correctly.
The references to attributes_table.h are in the following files:
- /FlexsimModuleDLLWizard/Templates/1033/FlexsimContentHeaders.inf
- /FlexsimModuleDLLWizard/Templates/1033/flexsimcontent/objectdatatype.h

If you remove those references the wizards works.

But there are another issues with the ConfigureWizards.bat. If you have a German version of OS, the path in those files aren't correct:
Code:
FOR /F "usebackq skip=2 tokens=1-3" %%A IN (`REG QUERY %docKeyName% /v %docValueName%`) DO (
     SET ValueName=%%A
     SET ValueType=%%B
-    SET documentsDir=%%C
 )
The variable documentsDir gets a string "D:\Daten\Eigene" instead of the correct "D:\Daten\Eigene Dokumente".
Code:
SET classCpyDir=%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\VCAddClass_WDExpress
The part "%ProgramFiles(x86)%" isn't correct for a German version. It should be "%Program Files(x86)%". It's in 4 places.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (09-23-2013)
Old 09-23-2013
Simulation Engineer

Downloads: 11
Clair A is a jewel in the roughClair A is a jewel in the roughClair A is a jewel in the roughClair A is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

The Transporter's behavior on a Network is weird: his rotation jumps at the edge of a curve:

A sample model is attached.

In FlexSim 6, connections with a network had a color code:
  • a blue line showed a connection between a network node and a fixed resource
  • a red line showed a connection between a task executer and a network node

Why is this color code no more used in FlexSim 7 ? I think that was quite useful to enhance the readability of a network.
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	ToQueue.PNG
Views:	304
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	2273   Click image for larger version
Name:	BackToSource.PNG
Views:	310
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	2274  
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Network sample model.fsm (18.0 KB, 155 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clair A For This Useful Post:
Kris Geisberger (09-23-2013)
Old 09-23-2013
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

I agree with Clair, I think many would miss the red and blue connection colors.

1. It seems that a TE considers the linear distance from NN to NN to calculate the travel speed along curved path, so the TE will travel faster than it should on a curve. I did not see the rotation jump that Clair wrote about.

2. I can't open a model properly. I tried Clair's model, and I also saved a small test model I built. All I see upon open is a solid gray view (no model environment). Note that I was in evaluation mode. Interesting that time progressed when I pressed Run so I guess the model is there but I just can't get a view to it.

3. I had trouble when adding spline points to a curved path. Once I 'X' clicked one of the existing spline points, I stayed permanently in 'X' click mode. Which means when I went to adjust the position of the point I just created, another point was added, and so on.

4. 'R' create-connect only works if you click on the model view first to make the view active before you click on the first location. In v6 you can click on the library object, then immediately hold R and click on the first desired model location to start a chain (without having to click on the model view to make it active first). This will frustrate people in network node training.

5. When you click on shadow view, a new view opens... why wouldn't you ensure shadow mode is enabled at the same time? That's going to catch a lot of people. BTW, the Rack looks amazing in shadow mode! Great work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Kris,

to 2. ...
When you see the gray view, open a script window and click in the model view. That is working naturally only with a license.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013
FlexSim Moderator

Downloads: 0
Markus Cueva is a jewel in the roughMarkus Cueva is a jewel in the roughMarkus Cueva is a jewel in the rough
Default FlexSim 7 Feature Preview Videos

In preparation for the full release of FlexSim 7, we've been creating some "feature preview" videos covering some of the new elements found in this latest version of FlexSim. These videos won't cover everything in Phil's release notes, but if you don't have the time (or effort) to read, they'll give you a good overview of what's new. This first one covers some of the new interface elements in FlexSim 7.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markus Cueva For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (09-24-2013)
Old 09-23-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Katharina Muller is on a distinguished road
Default Background image grey

Hello,

for some reason all my models when opening in V7 don't show the background graphics (.jpg), its just grey. This applies for models converting from V6, even when re-loading the model background and also for all new models. I have Nvidia graphics card and when opening in V6 everything works fine. Anyone else having the same issue? I love user interface of V7, but without model background displayed I cannot use it yet...

Thanks, Kat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg background.jpg (569.7 KB, 100 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Katharina Muller For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013

Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for all of your feedback. I especially appreciate that many of you have created simple models or step-by-step guidelines for re-creating the problems. It makes it really easy for us to reproduce and fix the issues. So thanks!

Some questions:
Esther - It looks like the first exception you're getting is caused by trying to load the recent models list into the start page, which shouldn't be related to modules. If you're still getting that issue when you start up, could you send me your prefs.t file at C:\Users\#YourUser#\AppData\Flexsim\Flexsim7\prefs .t?

Kris - your items 1, 3, and 4 I couldn't replicate. On 1, could you send me a model that you think isn't interpreting spline lengths properly? For 3 and 4, I wonder if it's the same issue we couldn't figure out back a while ago. Is anyone else having the same issues as Kris?

Regards,
Anthony Johnson
Old 09-23-2013

Esther,
I just pushed the fixes to the attributes_table.h references. I couldn't replicate the other errors you were getting on startup with the module dll. Could you try doing it with the latest module sdk and see if you get the same errors?
Old 09-23-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 58
Lucie Lerivrey is on a distinguished road
Default Dashboard Error

Hi,

FlexSim 7 is looking great.
I found an error in the Dashboard which doesn't happen to all the graphic types.
When using VisualTool as a container and copying it, the objects inside the VisualTool have the same name but not the same "path", which usually never causes problems. However, with some of the graphic types (content vs time and output per hour) an error appears because the objects have the same name. This error doesn't appear in the state bar for example. I’m attaching a simple model with this error and a screenshot of it.

After looking into it, the error also occurs in FlexSim 6.

Hope you can fix it for FlexSim 7! Or how could I get around without having to rename the objects inside the copied VisualTools.
Thanks a lot!
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	DashboardError.png
Views:	109
Size:	332.1 KB
ID:	2277  
Attached Files
File Type: fsm DashboardError.fsm (16.4 KB, 89 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucie Lerivrey For This Useful Post:
Anthony Johnson (09-24-2013)
Old 09-23-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Hello Anthony,

Thanks for your answers, I will have to have to test later, because after installing the flexsim 7 beta ( or actually I think uninstalling the distributors beta) I had problems with my modules in version 6. So I had to restore to a point before I uninstalled the previous beta version. Any suggestions on that?

I did test the module wizard and that works fine now.

Esther
The Following User Says Thank You to Esther Bennett For This Useful Post:
Anthony Johnson (09-24-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FlexSim 6 Beta Phil BoBo Product Announcements 84 07-26-2012 07:52 PM
Flexsim 5 Beta Anthony Johnson Product Announcements 47 10-26-2011 11:08 AM