ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Installation
Downloads

Installation Installation, licensing and hardware issues

Old 10-21-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Flexsim hang at start-up

Hi

I have a client whose Flexsim hang at the point when the Flexsim start-up logo appeared. I don't think the software has gone into Autoloadingmedia yet.

The system used is Window 7, Laveno with 4G RAM and a ATI card.

Any idea?

David
Old 10-22-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

I'd check the drivers of course - does it sound a little similar to this thread where the ATI card wasn't activated?

You could also try deleting the prefs.t file in case that's become corrupted.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
David Chan (10-23-2010)
Old 10-22-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

If the 3d window hasn't appeared yet, this issue probably isn't being caused by the graphics card.

This issue may be caused by the FLEXnet Licensing Service not behaving correctly. In your Windows Services, make sure there is a FLEXnet Licensing Service installed. Try running Flexsim as an Administrator.

We use the same Flexnet licensing system that many other software packages use. If the client machine has cracked versions of other software packages that use Flexnet (e.g.; 3ds Max, Photoshop, Minitab, MATLAB, AutoCAD, Pro/E, etc.), it is possible that the crack is interfering with the licensing system in order to make the other software packages work. Oftentimes, cracked versions of these software packages are sold online at greatly discounted prices and shipped as legitimate software. If the software isn't legitimately bought from the proper vendor, software cracks may be disabling the Flexnet licensing system and making it more difficult to license legitimate software.

If Flexsim hangs when you first open it, before the Startup Wizard appears, then it is probably a problem with the licensing service. You could follow these steps to reinstall the licensing service:
-Run Start > Programs > Command Prompt as an administrator (right-click, then select Run as administrator).
-Type the following line into the command prompt in order to delete the service:
sc delete "FLEXnet Licensing Service"
(This is shown in the attached screenshot.)
-Run Flexsim as an administrator in order to reinstall the service.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	delete_service.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1168  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (10-24-2010)
Old 01-05-2011
Flexsim Distributor

David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Phil,

I have managed to solve the problem. The cause of the problem is the firewall during the network service (which is VPN) was not opened for the FLEXnetlicesingService. Once that was done, I manage to run the Flexsim.

David
Phil BoBo (01-06-2011)
Old 01-08-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
zhang xin is on a distinguished road

I have an even stranger problem.

When I start windows vista, and not connect to the Internet(by ADSL), my flexsim5 works fine. But when i connect to the Internet, then flexsim will become slower and slower. I use Task Manager of Vista to see that Cpu is 100% utilized by flexsim.

I don't know why.

thanks
Old 01-12-2011
Flexsim Distributor

Hi zhang xin,

Firstly, I would like to calrify that the issue was not resolved. It came back the next day.

Secondly, when Flexsim runs it will read the license at a certain interval. Therefore if the traffic of the line or the response from the server is jammed, I guessed Flexsim will finally disconnect from the license server. Flexsim will turn to evaluation mode and your model then is not able save. Therefore do be careful with that.

Thirdly, at this point I suspect that the hanging of Flexsim is due to the software is waiting the response from the Lic server. Therefore if Flexsim is able to detect a license server, it will wait till it is able to receive the response from the server. Therefore if by any chance the response is jammed. Flexsim will hang at the start up. Currently I am still investigating. Please correct anyone if I am wrong.

Regards
zhang xin (01-13-2011)

Tags
firewall, flexnet, hang, start-up, vpn

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simulation Start Time Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 1 04-14-2010 09:02 AM
What is the exact start time of dewell time? zhang xin Container Terminal (CT) Library 1 11-23-2009 10:56 AM
is it possible to execute "Multiple Table Import" automaticly at the start of run? zhang xin Q&A 3 10-15-2009 09:54 AM
Command overview does not start because XML does not start Tom David Q&A 0 09-17-2008 12:11 AM
Start Flexsim and model from externally via a batch file Tom David Q&A 3 09-12-2007 03:17 PM