ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-23-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Mischa Spelt is on a distinguished road
Default Manually finding *feasible* route through network

Hi. I have a model with a network, in which I need to manually find a route from one Network Node (source) to another one (destination). I managed to do this using the getnextnetnode and getnextnetnodeoutputport commands to progressively step to the next node in the optimal path. However, this seems to break when I use a 'Q'-connection to close the path in one direction. These commands will keep giving me the same edge, even though it cannot be passed in that direction and even when another path with all green arrows is available.

Now I found out that getedgedist returns -1 for such a closed edge, which allows me to find the problem, but I cannot solve it because I cannot ask getnextnetnode for an alternative.

Is what I want possible at all, without implementing the path finding algorithm manually? And is it correct behavior that getnextnetnode actually returns edges which are not passable in the given direction?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-23-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Mischa Spelt is on a distinguished road

Hmm, sorry, I tried to reproduce this in the latest FlexSim version and could not. However, it was broken in the version that the client is using (7.3.6) so I guess the answer is: please upgrade

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TROLLY OPERATED MANUALLY naveenkumar Tips and Tricks 3 11-09-2011 01:18 AM
Problem finding Flexsim model files using Windows 7 Danny Pavan Q&A 2 12-22-2009 03:11 AM
How to control path of travelers on network route? qin tian Q&A 4 02-20-2008 04:01 AM
Expertfit cannot find network key - Flexsim Network License Kris Geisberger Q&A 0 02-05-2008 05:10 PM