ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-11-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
oliver xie is on a distinguished road
Default a problem with basicconveyor

i have made a simple modle using a basicconveyor. its process is a box enters the basicconveyor, travels to the end ,and be released and fire the commond to recevie next one.
but there are some problem with the modle when i run it. firstly, the trigger decisionpoint would not fire when there is a box pass over it. sometimes the box would stop when it has not yet arrived the decision point. i don't kown what's problem with the modle.
Attached Files
File Type: zip decisionpoint.zip (31.9 KB, 141 views)
Old 09-12-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I found solution which makes what you want I think.
What I´ve changed is, wrote

receiveitem(current);

from your OnExit Trigger BasicConveyor to the OnCover Trigger of your Decision Point.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm decisionpoints_SH.fsm (30.7 KB, 135 views)
Old 09-12-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 37
oliver xie is on a distinguished road

hi Sebastian
thank you for your reply. your method indeed sloves my problem. but do you know what the difference between writing the code receiveitem(current) in on exit trigger and on cover trigger? what's wrong with my method?
i cannot open your attcached model . maybe you're using higher version flexsim. my version is 5.04. so if you know what is reason, just tell me by words.
Old 09-12-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I don´t know at all. Just tried out your model and found out that described scenarios only happen with items that had to wait on Queue.

All I know about BasicConveyor is, that it´s not working after drag&drop and connecting ports. Allways have to make some more settings to make it work.
But it gives possibilities to set the Entry- and Exitpoint of Items manually.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the BasicConveyor problem LINWEIXU Q&A 3 06-10-2011 04:51 PM
conveyendtrigger on BasicConveyor Stephan Seidel Q&A 1 05-02-2011 09:27 AM
Basicconveyor with entry/outs both sides... Daniel_Rouchett Q&A 2 10-14-2010 07:05 AM
BasicConveyor stops too late? Steven Hamoen Q&A 3 04-20-2010 09:51 AM
question about item position of BasicConveyor kinematics LINWEIXU Q&A 3 03-25-2010 10:17 AM