ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-13-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Grayson Su is on a distinguished road
Default Unable to transfer good according to the level of conveyor

Hi, as I am doing project for my school work, would need some urgent help in transfering good from a forklift according to the level of conveyor.

Currently my model shows that it randomly transfer the goods to different level of the conveyor. But what I want is for it to fully utilise the ground conveyor before going the 2nd level and then finally the 3rd level. Please kindly help!!! Thank so much!

My model file is attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip Current pallet flow(1).zip (86.7 KB, 201 views)
Old 12-13-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

first of all create only one tasksequence for the forklift. Therefor you can put a queue with a capacity of one at the loadstation.
If you insert a queue with a capacity of 2 in front of each conveyor, the forklift can each time it gets available deliver a flowitem to the unloadstation. There is still free capacity at the unloadstation. Your question has something to do with the availibilty of ports.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Grayson Su (12-21-2010)
Old 12-13-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

First I'd change the rank of the output ports on Queue 107 so that conveyor 38 is first, then 38_2 and lastly 38_3 on port 3 (it's logical to have them in priority order). Then change the sendTo to return the port number you need by looking at the conveyors' contents plus the nroftransportsin for each.

treenode item = parnode(1);
treenode current = ownerobject(c);

treenode conv;
double size=xsize(item);
double found=0;
for(int index = 1; index <= nrop(current)&&not(found); index++)
{
conv = outobject(current, index);
int num=content(conv)+getvarnum(conv,"nroftransportsin");
if(num*size<getvarnum(conv,"conveyorlength"))
{
found=index;
}
}

return found;

If you start taking from those conveyors you may want to try adding a check for the nroftransportsout in the logic.

This code assumes the size of the items on the conveyors are the same.

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 12-13-2010 at 11:05 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (12-14-2010)
Old 12-21-2010
Flexsim User

Hi, Sorry for the late replies guys. Thanks for the help! It works! Deeply appreciated.
Old 12-22-2010
Flexsim User

Default Another help for conveyor...

HI Guys!!

Sorry I need another help!!

After pasting the codes that you have given to me, conveyor 38 and 48 did works. The goods did uploaded from 1st level to 2nd level.
But however, when i input the codes into queue109 and Loading Bay 124, the conveyor connected to them does not filled everything up into the conveyor, but instead there are still some goods left in the queue. Can you guys kindly help out as after inputing the codes, the conveyor doesn't work as the same as Queue 109 and Queue 107.

I attached a new updated model. (sorry for the complicated model) Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Current inbound pallet flow(1).zip (159.8 KB, 172 views)
Old 12-22-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Try checking the box 're-evaluate send-to on downstream availability'.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfer Area John Kim Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 09-15-2009 10:20 AM
Unable to download v 4.5 shivrash Installation 11 06-25-2009 07:25 PM
Dynamic script generation: Good Example with a User Command Naresh Yamani Tips and Tricks 2 05-16-2008 06:54 PM
Unable to install v4.3 &4.32 shivrash Installation 6 05-07-2008 08:32 PM