ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-20-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0
Alberto Serra is on a distinguished road
Question Question about Transporter Logic

Hello everybody, I'm new here in the Flexsim Community, and I would thank you all in advance for your helpful service.
I also apologize for my english, that's not so perfect , but I'll try to explain my problem.
In my model i'm using a custom tasksequence to feed objects to several racks, and each rack is connected to a network node.
Objects are transported using transporters, wich travel trough the network. Each path is a ring, and on each ring I've set 2 nodes for unloading activity.
Suppose that the transporter has to delivery 2 objects at rack1, and 3 at rack2: it travels the path and stops on the node connected to rack1 (that is the first one that it find during travel), waits for unloading, restarts and when arrives to the node connected to rack2 unloads the remaining objects.

Suppose now this situation:
-transporter1 have to deliver 3 objects only to rack1
-transporter2 have to deliver 2 objects only to rack2
-Missions are assigned EXACTLY at the SAME TIME
In theory, the transporter2 should pass over the transporter1, in order to reach the right delivery node, without stopping at the node connected to rack1.
In my model, instead, the transporter2 waits transporter1 ends unloading, then travels to his right unloading node, that is absolutely not correct.
I tell you that the feature "Do not travel offsets and block space on network" in the transporter options is NOT selected, but is simply "Do not travel offsets for load/unload task".

I hope my explication has been useful to understand my problem.
I'm here if you have any question.
Thank you again to everyone who wants to help me!
BYE!
Old 10-20-2009
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Hi Alberto,

it would be nice of you to upload an example of your problem. It's much easier to help with a small example model.

Greetings

Carsten

Edit: I've added a small example. Maybe it's usefull.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Support_Transporter_CS.zip (43.7 KB, 244 views)

Last edited by Carsten Seehafer; 10-20-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 10-20-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

I build a simple sample model but could not reproduce your problem so I have a few extra questions. Because you have switched off the offset travel you can't see if a transporter travels to an object but is it possible that transporter 2 also has a traveltask to rack1 (without having to load or unload)

Other questions, what are the settings of the nodes? (Connection Type, max nr of travelers?)

Could you build a small demo model that shows your problem?
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Alberto Serra (10-20-2009)
Old 10-20-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 32
Alberto Serra is on a distinguished road

Steven, I think that from now you are my new God!!!

The problem was about the max nr of traveler setting of the node (it was 1 in that critical node, while is 1000 in all the other ones!!!)

Thank you very much, you're great!

Now my model is working perfectly!
Bye!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberto Serra For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (10-20-2009)

Tags
network node, task sequence, transporter

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I run the model,the Transporter disappeared LINWEIXU Q&A 2 08-16-2009 02:40 AM
Working Logic of Dispatcher AlanZhang Q&A 6 02-09-2009 10:38 AM
Changing the height that a Transporter drops off an item to a Processor KelvinHo Q&A 1 04-10-2008 09:29 AM
The transporter and operator task sequence... syseo Q&A 1 09-22-2007 01:26 AM
Pull Logic Dillema William Proctor Q&A 2 09-14-2007 12:46 PM