ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-17-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
john mic is on a distinguished road
Post Task Priority

The task priority in this model puzzled me,how should I do to solve it.I've searched on the Q&A about task priority and still couldnn't find the solution.
When any of the four processors is available,the ASRSvehicle should travel to input queue to load 10 items and then transfer it to the available processor for processing.That intention is simple and it is to make good use of these four processors.How should I do to realize that objective,since in the the current model,the ASRSvehicle will unload items one by one from processor3 to processor6,then ASRSvehicle start to load items from input queue and transfer to processors one by one from processor3 to processor6,which caused too many idle time for the processors.I'm look forward to your replies,thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Task Priority.zip (43.4 KB, 216 views)
Old 11-17-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

When an item enters the queue, the flow-function is executed and a tasksequence is dispatched to the asrs-vehicle. All dispatched tasksequences are stored in the tasksequencequeue of the asrs-vehicle and sorted by their given priority. One way is to write your own logic to sort the tasksequences in the way you like it. Maybe by changing the priority of every stored tasksequence.
The main problem is that the lined up items in the queue have been already sent to the next object. They wait all for a transport. And the transport knows the sequence of the next tasks to do.
What you see, is the past of the current model.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
john mic (11-21-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
one question about tasksequence priority? LINWEIXU Q&A 6 08-07-2009 09:15 PM
I have a "priority" question Li Chin Q&A 6 09-15-2008 08:11 AM
Operator not unloading items before picking up priority items Howe Chiat Cheng Q&A 2 05-28-2008 02:05 AM
I have a problem about " priority" Vic Li Q&A 0 03-20-2008 06:31 AM