ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-21-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
riccardo torchio is on a distinguished road
Default place in bay-level= first avariable, min(time to reach)

Hi everyone, i'm doing some experiment with flexsim and actually i'm trying to recreate a model that compare 2 different kind of warehouse organization:
-random storing in a rax
-class based storage, 2 class.

I have different interarrival time for the 2 object (bianco and viola) and different pull from rax time (in a global table (tempi di permanenza)).

Now i'd like to tell to my as/rs 2 things:

1- place the box in the bay with the minimum time needed to reach it, so for example first fill the 1 bay, then the second....by time subject to the speed-acceleration constraints.
2-do NOT pick a second item if another one is on the as/rs. sometimes the ar/rs is loaded, then a unload request arrive. The as/rs has to unload the curret box, then go to pick to unload the other one.

Thanks everyone for suggestions!
Attached Files
File Type: fsm esempio asrs random stock vs first avariable.fsm (56.9 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by riccardo torchio; 10-21-2013 at 04:14 AM.
Old 10-21-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Riccardo,

1-You can set a global table which contains the traveltime to the cells. Then you can look up a bay and a level the as/rs should travel to.
If the cell is full, you set the traveltime very high. Then any other cells are chosen.
2-This will only happen if the capacity is greater than 1.
If you still want the capacity to be greater than 1, then you can change the priority of the tasksequences or the order of the tasksequences in its queue.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
riccardo torchio (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
riccardo torchio is on a distinguished road

hi Jorg, thank you so much for the answer.

I don't know if i got it, in the new attached file i created a global table (tempi di accesso celle) with the access time of every single cell but....i don't know how to link it with the rax, there is not a "by global lookup table" like for other objects!
Attached Files
File Type: fsm esempio asrs random stock vs first avariable.fsm (47.8 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by riccardo torchio; 10-21-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old 10-21-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Ricardo,

you have the functions place in bay and place in level. Each function returns the value of the bay or level. You can write your own logic in these functions and give the return value the value you like. To access the global table please look in the commands of the user manual:
Flexsim main menu bar > Help > Users Manual > Command Reference > Category Index > Tables
If you don't want to write a new global table, you can store your rack data in a label with the commands: racksetcellvar(obj rack,num bay, num level, num varnum, num setvalue, node storagenode); rackgetcellvar(obj rack, num bay, num level, num varnum, node storagenode).

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
riccardo torchio (10-21-2013)

Tags
flowitem, rax, time

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question: how to make the transporter behave as a reach truck Vadim Fooks Q&A 0 09-06-2012 05:34 PM
Empty level in rack Manoj Kumar Q&A 3 02-01-2012 05:27 AM
Dynamic Rack Bay & Level shashanktrivedi Q&A 3 06-03-2011 02:30 AM
Pick and place items in a Rack Jelmer Js Q&A 2 03-29-2011 03:11 AM
Can we place object in different layers? zhang xin Q&A 3 02-09-2009 12:53 AM