ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-01-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
Uploads: 0
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough
Default Assigning batch content and processtime using global table

Hi community,i have a problem I want to use global table for assigning processtime and batch size for a processor
I read the thread
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=2465
but still I am not able to clear myself .so I am attaching a model file with an example
For product 1 the routing is source1-p1-p2-p3-sink
For product 2 the routing is source2-p2-p3-p4-sink
For product 3 the routing is source3-p3-p4-p1-sink
queue should not release items until processing of items done.The data is given in the table below for each of the three stages.My question is
How to read the data from the global table?
How the items can be released with a certain distribution using the global table?
Please help me.Any other suggestions regarding this topic is heartly welcome
Thanks for all your patience
Attached Images
File Type: jpg table.JPG (38.3 KB, 93 views)
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Modelfile.fsm (15.5 KB, 65 views)
Old 11-02-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Could you explain what table data means? You´ve got more than one value in a cell.
Old 11-02-2013
Flexsim User

Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

The idea for your model I´ve attached. Every Queue should only store one specific Itemtype. This way you can perform Batches as you want. And the routing I´ve done by using a pickoption in Flow tab.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Modelfile_SH.fsm (18.9 KB, 66 views)
Old 11-02-2013
Flexsim User

sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for responding,I am sorry that you understand the problem in a wrong way.I will be more clear this time.Like any production system products have different processes with different process times and batch sizes as they move forward.In my example I created three products that undergo three different processes that vary in process time and batch content.
For simplicity I call p1(in),p1,p1(out) as p1 and the same repeats for all cases
I posted a sample model in that
the routing for product 1 is source1-p1-p2-p3-sink
in that if you look into the table first row
p1 batch content is 15 process time is 2
p2 batch content is 20 process time is 3
P3 batch content is 25 process time is 4
I want to store these process times and batch size in a single place(global table).So these can be accessible by all the processors.
my question is
How to read the data from the global table?
How the items can be released with a certain distribution using the global table?
Old 11-03-2013
Flexsim User

This way you only have to create a global table and add your data in it. The command you are looking for is:

gettablenum("YourGlobalTable",row,col);

but for this you only should store one value per cell ;-)
Old 11-04-2013
Flexsim User

My problem is much similar to tom david global material flow.But how to assign batch content to each of these flows
Old 11-04-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

can you point to the thread or post of Tom, please?

Jörg
Old 11-04-2013
Flexsim User

This was the link of global material flow posted by tom davidhttp://www.flexsim.com/community/for...?do=file&id=80.Please help.thanks
Old 11-04-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sagar,

as long as you do not need every single item of your batches in your model, a single flowitem can be your batch. You can set the amount of parts or components as labels. Then you adjust the times (e.g. Processtime) with this information. Only if you want a real complex model, wherein your batches split and later join again it might be a good idea to use only items. But here you can use labels to identify your batches, too. At the end of the whole process you collect the batches again.
If your transports can not transport all items of a batch, let the transport move slower or let him go more times between load and unload station before he unloads the batch.

Jörg
Old 11-04-2013
Flexsim User

Thank you but how can a transporter able to recognize batch contents based on labels?can you share a small example or a thread associated with it
Old 11-11-2013
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough
Default Task Executor

Yes ,you can give the option of specific label on the break to tab of task executor properties.
The Following User Says Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
sagar bolisetti (11-11-2013)
Old 11-11-2013
Flexsim User

Thanks brother i found the solution here is the thread related to it
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...hread.php?t=70

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Global Table on GUI ameen shabeer Q&A 7 04-14-2014 01:50 AM
Dynamically assigning processors/people to time table Rhonda MacIntyre Q&A 7 01-28-2010 11:28 AM
Content table juan alberto Q&A 1 10-19-2009 03:29 AM
Can I make a column of a global table to type table? qin tian Q&A 0 10-01-2008 09:27 PM
Batch/Max Content Gavin Douglas Q&A 4 07-09-2008 12:28 AM