ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-10-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Lorenzo Gutierrez is on a distinguished road
Question Preempt, Priority or Port Control

Hello FlexSim Community,

In the attached model I've encountered a problem whereby if there is rework generated post the inspection process, the TE is not completing all the rework before re-inspecting them. Instead the TE is reworking one and inspecting one. I realize that this may be due to the inspection process having a higher priority than the weld process, but I set that priority in order to ensure that all inspections were done before the TE went to weld any reworks.

I have a feeling I might need to manipulate ports or preemption or priorities dynamically, but could use some advice. Thank you for looking at my problem.

LG
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Model Rev 7.fsm (54.6 KB, 89 views)
Old 04-10-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Lorenzo Gutierrez is on a distinguished road
Cool I think i solved it.

I came up with a solution, though not as clean as I would have liked.

When rwk enters the rwk queue, I send a msg to close the output port of the POST-rwk queue. As items exit the welder, i send a msg to the POST-rwk queue to open the output port IF the contents of the welder and rwk queue are 0.

If there are more elegant solutions or potential issues with my solution, please let me know.

Thank you!!

LG
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Model Rev 7 solved.fsm (57.0 KB, 97 views)

Tags
port control, preemp, priority

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a question about task preempt oliver xie Q&A 11 06-18-2012 05:04 AM
Preempt Definition shashanktrivedi Q&A 3 06-11-2011 09:04 AM
Tasksequences: BREAK, CALLSUBTASKS, or PREEMPT? Stefan Trabut Q&A 7 04-10-2011 12:57 PM
Task Priority john mic Q&A 1 11-17-2010 03:56 AM
how to set preempt by label? Vic Li Q&A 4 10-19-2008 01:51 AM