ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-17-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default is there a queue for senddelayedmessage and msgsendingobject

if at time 0 I senddelayedmessage(current,10,item); then at time 2 senddelayedmessage(current,2,item);then at time 3 senddelayedmessage(current,1,item);.......,what time fisrt senddelayedmessage trigger?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Time Based Release.zip (83.8 KB, 202 views)
Old 08-17-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Please test this first yourself with writing a pt on your trigger and passing in a variable in one of the msgparameters to distinguish between the different messages
Old 08-17-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

I test ,Results no rule
Old 08-17-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean with no rule?
Old 08-17-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

There seems to be a queue,i test again,but i can not find a queue in the tree for this .
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (54.5 KB, 182 views)
Old 08-17-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future
Default Event list in Flexsim (Events)

Linwei,

We all know that you are a beginner in discrete event simulation and Flexsim. Having this in mind your question shows that there are some real basics missing. Basics of discrete event simulation, because there MUST be always a rule for generating events otherwise simulators will not work properly. Basics of Flexsim, because you would know where is the ‘queue’ for the events.

I guess that was the reason why Steven just only gave you a short reply. The question is are we (the community) like to take the effort and time to explain the fundamentals to you?
You said in an earlier post that you will have a training class in November. I suggest that you join the training. Prepare a list with questions for the training and mail it to the trainer in advance. I am pretty sure most of your questions will be answered during the training with the normal training material. Additional questions will be answered by the trainer. That’s at least what I always do in my training classes. If someone is interested in simulation and so enthusiastic about Flexsim, I always try to answer all his questions during the training beside the questions which are too specific and not of interest for the other attendees. For this I do what we call Coaching days and which are charged with our normally daily rate. I hope I now do not offend the trainer who will give the training to you in November. J

Anyway, I like to give you some hints:
A message generates an event, so a delayed message generates an event when it arrives. So the event/message trigger gets fired at this point in time. You can see the events in the event list. In Flexsim you can see the event list in the tree under main/project/exec/events. If the node is empty there are no events. If there are nodes in the events node you have events and it is readable what is going on. Use the Step button to see how the events are changing during the run. Keep in mind that the next event is always the first event in this list, but the events are not necessarily sorted in the order they gets fired. But the time is shown when the event will happen.

I am pretty sure that this was already answered in earlier thread and posts, but maybe you used the wrong search words.

One note beside: If you attach a model you should give it a speakable name (not just test). And please do not put the *.fsm! file in your archive (zip), because this is just a backup of your model (*.fsm). It is not needed and just increase the size of the archive (zip).
Old 08-17-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

l used extendsim more than two years, because the software is easy to understand, No need to understand the discrete system simulation,and you can build complex model by it .every time you make the finishing point.what you said i can understand,but i can not think it by myself ,I don't know internal mechanism about flexsim.Now I know,you know more about tree ,you will know more flexsim.You are a very very good teacher.and i will follow your advice.

Tags
event calendar, event list, events, senddelayedmessage

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a question on queue KelvinHo Q&A 15 11-09-2011 07:16 AM
Pulling from a Queue vs Sorting the Queue Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 3 03-03-2010 01:27 AM
Processor and Queue White-out jspeece Q&A 1 07-27-2009 11:48 PM
Queue Sorting Jeff Nordgren Q&A 12 05-22-2008 03:21 PM
Queue stacking Paul Dowling Q&A 2 11-27-2007 11:57 PM