ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-30-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Derrick Serbonich is on a distinguished road
Default Setup/processing order problems

Hello,

I have my model attached. I am trying to get each operator to perform the setup of autocal before going back to manualcal. Right now the operator is putting the flow item on the autocal processor but not doing the setup before going back to the manual cal. Also I am trying to get item type 2 to be processed whenever autocal is not busy. As it is now I am pulling using round robin and that is the closest i could get to what I am looking for. In other words if operator 1 put an item on the auto cal proc. when finished processing i would like operator 3 to be able to put an item over if that is the next free operator instead of waiting for op 2. Autocal should be processing when ever possible. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Multiple benches.zip (79.4 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by Derrick Serbonich; 06-30-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Derrick Serbonich is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have any idea why the operator isn't setting up the auto cal station and how to get the operators to bring product to autocal whenever they are free and the autocal station is free. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Derrick,

I had a short look into your model. I will not make a working model for you, which has several reasons, but I will give you a few hints.

1. On Autocal at Pick Operator you are using Port by Expression Center Port number: port. Port is not defined in Pick Operator. A solution could be to give the item a label to store the port number (OnEntry) and use it here. But you might get some issue with freeoperator if you do it this way.
I would prefer to use a dispatcher here, which is Flexsim Standard if there is more than one taskexecuter.
2. I am not sure, but I guess you can model your little task just by using Dispatcher and Priorities.

I suggest that you first try to solve your little task by using Flexsim Standard. If this is not working, come back to the community and we might be able to give you some more hints.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Hardware Setup Alistair Smitheman Installation 3 03-20-2009 03:07 AM
Robot processing Sung Kim Q&A 7 08-27-2008 06:48 AM
No Setup Nico Zahn Q&A 2 08-25-2008 12:38 AM
Using a Variable number of Operators for Processing Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 4 07-16-2008 09:16 AM
use of operator for transport and setup Pablo Concha Q&A 2 08-23-2007 11:30 AM