ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-09-2016
Andres Crespo

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default FlexSim modelling of automotive plants

Hi,

I am currently developing template models of the various equipment an automotive assembly plant. I need to model rotate tables, cross transfer lift tables and any other transporter used in automotive assembly plants.

Does anyone have a simple approach/method to model these objects?

Thank you in advance
Old 03-09-2016
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Have you taken a look at the new conveyor module/library? I think it can solve most of your problems.

If you want to do it from scratch I think this might be a list in order of complexity and flexibility (most difficult and flexible at the top):
  1. Create a module with a dll and make your own objects from scratch
  2. Use the BasicFR or TE and create a userlibrary in combination with a dll
  3. Use the BasicFR or TE and create a userlibrary with user commands
  4. Use the BasicFR or TE and create a userlibrary with processflow
  5. Use the conveyor library (with or without adding objects to a userlibrary)
Old 03-09-2016
Andres Crespo

Downloads: 0

Thanks,

I already use the latest version of the software. Does it include the latest library?

In any case I am working with US support using the BasicFR approach, but the particularities of the logic require new developments.
Old 03-09-2016
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

yes the conveyor module is present in 7.7.4 but you might have to check the module on when installing. From the new version onwards it will be automatically installed.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modelling machine wear out with MTBF. José Soares Q&A 2 12-21-2015 01:23 AM
Modelling a Supply chain UrbanAviator Q&A 9 06-27-2014 05:38 AM
Fluid modelling strategy question brett forbes Q&A 1 03-25-2013 07:30 PM
Modelling Equations Albert Munoz Q&A 3 10-14-2010 02:10 AM
Modelling a 12-joint robot! Kenny Macleod Q&A 4 07-20-2010 11:30 AM