ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-24-2016
carlo timossi

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Problem with Crane dropping off

I'm new in FlexSim and I'm looking for possible solutions about dropping an item off in a specific position of a transporter by the crane. The transporter can carry two flowitems (e.g "tote") which can contain other flowitem (e.g "box").
Is there any example or article regarding this topic? Thanks awfully in advance.
Old 02-25-2016
Axel Kohonen

Downloads: 22

Hi Carlo,

Insert the crane in your model and check out the travel to an object or travel to destination pick list options (green plus sign) on the triggers page of the crane. the above options are available at least for the onLoad and onUnload triggers.

Reading the information about the crane and generally about task executers in the user manual might also be helpful.

Axel
The Following User Says Thank You to Axel Kohonen For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016
carlo timossi

Thanks for your prompt answer. I've tried but it does not work and in the manual there is no explantation about it. I've the FlexSim version 7.7.2. In my test I've seen that the crane continues dropping off the item in the middle of the task executer and not in the specific position: in a first step the crane seems to drop at the specific position, but after this operation it makes another dropping of the item,which has linked to the crane yet, in the middle of the transporter and so it completes the unloading.
In any case, thanks to the same
Old 02-25-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
your have to cope with a complex task. First of all what you are doing is a coordinated tasksequence, because you interact with two taskexecuters. Another problem is the standard how a taskexecuter places loaded items. A transporter stacks the flowitems above another. If you want that look different, you have to write a source code which change the location of the loaded items. That is easy. On the Onload-Trigger use the command setloc(item,x,y,z);. The item is placed relative to the taskexecuter, which has loaded the item. It is a bit tricky, to let the crane move right above that location where the item should be droped. This can you realize if you insert a relative travel task or a traveltolocation task before the coordinated tasksequence transfers the item from the crane to the transporter. The Task parameter depends how you compute the location relative or absolute. But if you don't know where the location is, when the coordinated tasksequence is dispatched then you have to use a callsubtask within your coordinated tasksequence to compute the drop location when the crane has loaded the item.
As you see there are some new words you have probably never heard before. That is why Axel mentioned you should look into the manual.

Flexsim is easy to start with. The templates work well. But if you have non standard wishes you can solve them by writing your own source code and change the standards.

Good luck.
Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Jing Chen (02-25-2016)
Old 02-26-2016
carlo timossi

Hi Jörg, above all thanks awfully for your advice. I've tried and I've seen that in the task sequence after the task TravelToLoc I've to replace the Unload tasktype with the MoveObject tasktype otherwise the crane tries doing two movements: the 1st one according to the TravelToLoc task and the 2nd one according to the Unloaad task type.
In any case I think this can be a workaround for the problem to put the item in a specific position.
The Following User Says Thank You to carlo timossi For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (02-26-2016)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem Movement of crane Chris tine Flexsim Student Forum 3 05-10-2015 12:03 AM
Crane Move Sung Kim Q&A 2 06-05-2008 03:03 PM
Crane Logic: How to find out what a crane currently is doing? Tom David Q&A 5 06-02-2008 11:57 PM
Are there any limits using crane and rtg in CT? qin tian Container Terminal (CT) Library 1 01-04-2008 03:04 PM
Rotary Crane Nico Zahn Q&A 2 11-13-2007 01:58 AM