ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Tips and Tricks
Downloads

Tips and Tricks Share helpful modeling ideas

Old 07-09-2008
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Forklift with custom fork 3D object.

Here's a little trick for getting the Transporter object to draw a custom shape for the fork of the truck. Starting with 4.3 (or maybe 4.0, I don't remember exactly), the Transporter object can use Flexsim's frames mechanism to draw the fork of the truck. If the 3d file that is associated with the Transporter has a frame 1, then the Transporter will draw that frame at the location of the fork, instead of drawing the two forks. In the attached model, I've copied the standard Transporter.wrl file into my model folder, and redirected the forklift to reference that 3d file, and I've created a TransporterFRAME1.wrl file that is a bucket. I've also attached the AC3D file. Note that I had to scale the object in a weird way so that it would show up right in the model. When the transporter draws the icon, the gl matrix is scaled to the size of the default forks, namely like 3 inches tall or something. So in AC3D, scaling the object down to a 1x1x1 box will cause it to be drawn really small in Flexsim, so I scaled it out of proportion in AC3D so it will draw right in Flexsim.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Custom Fork.zip (106.6 KB, 558 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
qin tian (11-18-2008)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New custom commands in Downloads link Cliff King Q&A 0 09-24-2007 05:46 PM