ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-05-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough
Default Rotation on conveyor

Hey guys,

I'm trying to rotate a flowitem as soon as it enters a conveyor so the long side is orientated in a rectangular way to the conveyor.
But how do I rotate it back to it's original orientation as soon as it leaves the conveyor?

I found this post saying I should use the OnExit trigger with the following command: setrot(item,0,0,0) - but it doesn't work for me.

I attached a model that shows my problem, the Flowitems should enter the second queue like the first one.

Thank you in advance
Jens
Attached Files
File Type: fsm rotation on conveyor.fsm (38.3 KB, 102 views)
Old 11-07-2011
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Jens,

you (I guess accidently) put an entry trigger on the second Queue setting the z rotation to 90 again. Just delete that and everything should work fine for you.

Best wishes

Ralf
Flexsim USA
Flexsim Germany
The Following User Says Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Jens Mühlheimer (11-08-2011)
Old 11-08-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough

... thank you

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TE rotation direction Sebastian Hemmann Q&A 2 10-27-2011 09:31 AM
how to change the rotation of item on conveyor? oliver xie Q&A 1 05-18-2011 04:47 AM
What is the difference between a Conveyor and Basic Conveyor shivrash Q&A 2 07-21-2009 04:09 AM
TaskExecuterFlowitems rotate now! Can I change their rotation speed? Martin Kooijman Gripes and Goodies 1 02-25-2008 06:41 PM