ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-02-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough
Default Save output console to textfile

Hello everybody,

is there a way to save the content of the output console to a textfile?
I would like to export the content after each repetition when I use the experimenter.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!
Jens
Old 05-02-2012
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Please have a look at "fileopen" in the usercommand menu. There is a short explination.

Greetings

Carsten
Old 05-02-2012
Flexsim User

Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough

Hi Carsten,

first of all: Thanks for the quick reply!

But I think fileopen doesn't to what I intend to do.
I use the pt(), pd(), ... commands to write to the output console during the simulation because I want to trace certain issues in my model, when I only do single runs.

The problem now is, if I use the experimenter, the data from the output console is lost after each repetition, but I don't only want to write the date in a file. Then I would have used fpt(), fpd(), ..

I hope I could explain what I mean

Best, Jens
Old 05-02-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

The console output for each replication is put into folders under the Experimenter in Tools folder of the model.
Old 05-02-2012
Flexsim User

Is this Feature already available in v5?

Because I cannot find anything like this in the tree.

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry it's in v6.
Old 05-02-2012
Flexsim User

Hm ok .. sorry for not mentioning it. I'm still working with v5 since I don't feel comfortable switching versions completely in the middle of a project ..

Any ideas for a work-around in v5?
Old 05-02-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Are you losing the information because you have a clearconsole statement somewhere?
Old 05-02-2012
Flexsim User

Well, yes. Reason is a better overview.

If I didn't do this, how could I export the entire console content after all the runs?
Old 05-07-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Hello Jens,

If you take a look at the active view in the tree when the output console is open, you can get the text of the window with:
getviewtext( node( "/active/Output/scriptedit", views() ) )

I only tested it with one word and the script editor, but this worked. Maybe you can use this to export the output console after a replication.

Esther
The Following User Says Thank You to Esther Bennett For This Useful Post:
Jens Mühlheimer (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012
Flexsim User

Awesome, works perfect!
Thank you veeeery much!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jens Mühlheimer For This Useful Post:
Esther Bennett (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Sounds as if you only should write some information instead of clearconsole. Maybe something like pr();pt("Next Experiment");pr();

OK, this was to late.

Last edited by Sebastian Hemmann; 05-07-2012 at 03:13 AM. Reason: To late

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom Console Phil BoBo User Development 6 12-12-2011 04:19 AM
disable system console juan alberto Q&A 3 11-07-2011 05:52 AM
system console problem ? LINWEIXU Q&A 16 06-18-2010 03:25 AM
Can I write to the system console? Steven Hamoen Q&A 2 11-26-2008 06:37 AM
Print information into output console (Debugging) Tom David Q&A 11 09-04-2008 03:46 AM