ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-17-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
oliver xie is on a distinguished road
Default problem about travel task

HI:
I have made a model to let the agv to carry item from one queue to another, so i wirte the tasksequeue in trigger "Requst Transport From". In the tasksequeue, i used TRAVEL and MOVEOBJECT task, but the TRAVEL task doesn't work. I think this may have a relationship with DefaultNavigator, which i cannot find in the tree. now i want to know in what circumstance DefaultNavigator will appear and work? i know LOAD and FRLOAD task can Solve this problem, i just want to know something about DefaultNavigator. thanks advance.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm test.fsm (249.2 KB, 164 views)
Old 07-17-2011
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like only the transporter and operator will connect to and if necessary create a DefaultNavigator.

The reason (FR)LOAD and (FR)UNLOAD work is that they initiate offset travel that the class itself handles.

If you attach the TaskExecuter to a network it will be able to complete the TRAVEL tasks.

All this aside, if you don't use FRLOAD (your model uses MOVEOBJECT) then the objects will not be managing the capacity of the fixed resource objects correctly and you will have to cater for that yourself (it's usually important).
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
oliver xie (07-17-2011)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Network Question Courtney Allensworth Q&A 11 02-21-2011 05:26 PM
Crane travel For use as process operator Ryan Haferbecker Q&A 0 01-31-2011 03:05 PM
How to interrupt active task and implement another task? Ilivid zheng Q&A 2 01-15-2011 02:30 AM
Two basic questions: Travel times and Processor assignments. Landon Mills Q&A 1 10-28-2010 03:44 PM
Offset Travel AlanZhang Q&A 16 04-18-2008 10:25 AM