ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-15-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Ger Finan is on a distinguished road
Default Pulling from a queue depending on variable demand

Hi all.

I'm looking for some help with a model I'm looking to build.

I want to have a hub (queue), that feeds four distribution centers (queues). The demand in each distribution center will vary i.e. distribution center may require 10 units day 1 and 30 day 2, while center 2 may require 100 day 1 and 20 day 2.

Can anyone give me any advise on how to model this?

Thanks.
Old 10-15-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I would use the Source with Arrival Shedule as Arrival Style. The Itemtype could be the number of your Aim. So you can use Pick Options in all other Objects ;-) Quantity you can set as you want and Arrival Time could manage your days.
Old 10-15-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Ger Finan is on a distinguished road

Thanks Sebastian. I'm going to have a look at that, and will let you know how I get on.
Old 10-15-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
mearjun will become famous soon enough

If you do not have a fixed demand by days and have distributions that determine demand on each day then you can use different distributions for different days. The way flexsim can detect time/day is if you use a fmod command on time and then write an if-else kind of logic. So lets say that the units you assume are minutes then day 1 ends on 1440 minutes.. You can use
if (fmod(time,1440) == 0) then demand = xyz distribution;

(offcourse you will have to mention the demand variable seperately)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Demand Simulation manuel fernandez Q&A 2 03-11-2010 07:44 AM
Pulling from a Queue vs Sorting the Queue Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 3 03-03-2010 01:27 AM
Global variable as experiment variable Matthias Hofmann Q&A 3 09-08-2009 09:42 AM
I would like the pick up from the rack in function of a variable demand rate... mariogib Q&A 1 03-13-2009 10:53 PM
Is the CPU usage depending on run speed? Tom David Q&A 1 07-29-2008 01:25 PM