ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-12-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Gavin Douglas is on a distinguished road
Default Release from Network Node

I want an Operator to walk around an object in my model. No problem. After going around the object and unloading a Pallet, I want to free him from the Network Node to “walk freely.” Furthermore, I enjoy free range chickens better than the standard ones.

So, I can imagine putting some command on the On Exit trigger to free him….but what?
Old 06-12-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

An Operator will already leave a network to travel offsets. You can create and remove connections during the model run by using the contextdragconnection command. It does the same thing as you clicking and dragging the mouse from one object to another while pressing a key, except it can be executed by a trigger.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the chickens, though...?
Old 06-12-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Gavin,

If you know the node that the object is connected to (the one the operator has to travel to to get to the object) You can disconnect the operator from the network with the contextdragconnection() command. It should look something like this:

contextdragconnection(operator, NetworkNode, "Q");

This will disconnect the operator from the network. You may want to put this on the Unload of the operator so that you have an easier time referencing the operator. You can connect the operator back to the network later with the same command, just replace the "Q" with "A" (The quotes are necessary).

Good Luck,
Brandon

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tools for ojbect connect to network node KelvinHo Q&A 6 04-24-2008 08:37 AM
How to dynamically set virtual distance for Network Node Sung Kim Q&A 2 02-29-2008 01:36 PM
Moving Network Node Information into a Table Brandon Peterson Q&A 2 02-15-2008 09:46 AM
Expertfit cannot find network key - Flexsim Network License Kris Geisberger Q&A 0 02-05-2008 05:10 PM