ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-03-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
shashanktrivedi will become famous soon enough
Default Complete Warehouse Simulation

Dear Community Members,

Uploading a complete warehouse simulation model, a lot of tips i have taken from this forum, hence i owe this model to community.

Hoping people like it and use some techniques from it.

If you have any query, i will be very happy to respond.

Regards
Shashank Trivedi
Attached Files
File Type: zip Complete Warehouse.zip (670.8 KB, 609 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shashanktrivedi For This Useful Post:
Zaw Zaw (01-28-2016)
Old 07-04-2011
Flexsim User

I forgot to mention, This warehousing model creates warehouse dynamically and do all connection automatically.

What is missing here, since locations of objects in the model are hard coded hence it will place object at those location.

If someone want, what he can do, he can either put some formulas to calculate locations (x,y,z location) or change the location manually (Tedious work)

Once you do that, it can create any kind of warehousing layout, post which you can run the simulation and assess its performance.

Plz look at control button on gui, figure out two buttons create layout & delete layout. you will figure out how to go about it.

First press delete layout, then create layout.

There are lot of tables also, which is used for simulation such as Location Table, Order Table for Order Outgoing, GRN Table for Incoming, Part Characteristics and Others for Result parameters.

Infact Idea was to develop a model which can create any kind of layout with minimal userinput, with out any flexsim knowledge.

After developing this model, we can add evolutionary algorithm which will optimize layout and provide readymade solutions to the clients.

Hoping it will solve lot of purpose to the community members.

Let me know your feedback.

Regards
Shashank Trivedi
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shashanktrivedi For This Useful Post:
zhang xin (07-04-2011)
Old 07-12-2011
Flexsim User

I got a message from Robert Liu who is not able to open this model. As per him he is using 5.0.4.

We have built this model in 5.1.2, probably there could be some licensing issue. But i am little bit doubtful.

Requesting community member to check whether this model is working at their end. As per my opinion it should work.

Robert also has send the error message that is

the system console:"time: 0.000000exception: Exception Caught in ObjectFunction002__project_exec_globals_nodefuncti ons_updatemodelversion object: MAIN:/project/exec/globals/nodefunctions/updatemodelversion class: MAIN:/project/exec/globals/nodefunctions/updatemodelversion"

Kindly advise.

Regards
Shashank Trivedi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shashanktrivedi For This Useful Post:
syseo (01-17-2015)
Old 07-13-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 12
mark.gormley has a spectacular aura aboutmark.gormley has a spectacular aura about

Hi Shashank,

I can open your model ok in 5.1.2.
Models build in this release are not backwards compatible to 5.0.4 which is why Robert Liu is getting errors
Old 07-14-2011
Flexsim User

Dear Community Members,

My assumption is people are liking this model. I request whosoever is using it please give me feedback to improve further on.

Primarily Only one thing is missing in the model, on ground object behavior in the model.

for example Truck which is coming/going to/from warehouse does loading/unloading on its own but practically it does n't happen like that.

What we did, used truck image on Transporter block by doing so it still has fork at front.

If somebody can correct it, will be great, in the meanwhile we are also searching for solutions.

Regards
Shashank Trivedi
Old 07-17-2011
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Shashank,

the original forklift is an animation. To disable it goto the General tab in its GUI, click the Edit button next to "Visuals/Animation" and leftclick the eye icon in the top left part of the Animation editor. Everything without an eye beneeth will be switched off.

If you switch off everything, you just have the truck you imported as a 3D shape left. You should arrange the flowitems in the truck in a way, that they are not visible.

Thanks and good luck

Ralf
Flexsim
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (07-18-2011)
Old 01-15-2015
kunal kumar

Downloads: 0
Default Can't Download

Hi,
Shashank
I am not able to download your model .
Old 01-15-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

As you might have heard and read before, the forum crashed a couple of weeks ago and all attachments where lost. Flexsim asked everybody that could retrieve that info to put it back on but as you just found out in the majority of the cases that has not been done or could not be done. That is most probably the reason why you can't download
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (01-15-2015)
Old 07-16-2015
bhushan kakde

Downloads: 55

I am unable to download this model
please attach again
Old 07-17-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

The forum crashed a couple of months ago and all downloads where lost. Unless the original poster is willing or able to post the model again the file can not be downloaded again.

Tags
warehouse

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about warehouse model morelant Q&A 2 10-27-2009 02:44 PM
Novice seeking HELP Getting Started with a warehouse model Nathan Dwyer Q&A 2 09-10-2008 11:15 AM
Vitor - warehouse operations for long steel products vgeorge Pre-sales Questions 2 07-12-2008 09:52 AM