ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-11-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
FlorianK is on a distinguished road
Default Loading at the End of the conveyor

Hello everybody,

I have a questions that I'm a bit afraid to ask, it seems to be to easy.

What option do I have to chosse that my operator is directly walking at the end of the conveyor.

At the moment he is walking to the front end and after that to the end.

Greetings,
Florian.
Old 04-11-2013
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

It's the "travel to conveyor" part of the task sequence that is causing that - the conveyor location is just the yellow bounding box at the moment.

You can try:
1) Add the task executor to a network and connect to the conveyor a network node positioned at its end.
2) Remove the "travel to" part of the task sequence and just rely on the offset travel of FRLOAD to get to the flowitem.
Old 04-11-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Florian,

you can place a queue at the end of the conveyor with the maxcontent of 1. That produces a very small error in your model.

Jörg
Old 04-11-2013
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Or you place a conveyor with the size of 1 product behind your main conveyor (and make that conveyor this amount shorter).
Old 04-12-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
FlorianK is on a distinguished road

Hi,

normaly I would to this.

I have a logic included, that the items on the conveyor are sorted ans compared by on entry trigger with the items of an other conveyor. An Operator is only allowed to take out an item when the identical item on the other conveyor arrived /is available.

Hmmm...while writing i see that never the less it is possible. Next time I will do so.

Thank you.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LOADING AND UNLOADING TIME naveenkumar Q&A 3 10-19-2011 10:42 AM
Single Conveyor loading/unloading machines Ken Wiley Tips and Tricks 4 10-22-2010 06:58 AM
Loading a large map as a background Kenny Macleod Q&A 6 02-09-2009 03:46 PM
Loading 3D-Shapes Jiri Vacek Gripes and Goodies 1 10-10-2008 05:08 AM
Stop conveyor on loading mathiasds Q&A 2 11-20-2007 04:31 PM