ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-07-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
mallik is on a distinguished road
Default Entry trigger

Dear All,

I have taken a small problem like this.

Source -à Queue1 -à Queue2 -à Processor -à Rack

I have used the on entry trigger as follows.

‘If “content (current) > 2” then “close input” ports of the “current” objects

My aim was to limit the quantity in the queue2 to 2. But the quantity is going-on increasing up-to the maximum level defined. I want to know where the problem was. Help me.
(Of course, another way is to declare the maximum content as 2 in the parameters window directly)
Old 01-08-2008
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

With an OnEntry trigger on Queue2 as you specified, the flow will be permanently blocked as soon as a flowitem enters and the content becomes greater than 2 (e.g. there are already 2 flowitems in the queue). I'm not sure why your flow continues... Something else must be enfluencing your model. Are you using the current version of Flexsim (v4.01)?

To achieve the same result as changing the Maximum Content field of Queue2 to 2, you would need to define an OnEntry, OnExit and OnMessage trigger on Queue2 as shown below. As the Flexsim help warns, you should never open ports in an entry or exit trigger. It is better to send a delayed message in zero seconds and then open the ports. This allows the flowitem that trips the trigger to settle into its destination object and applicable statistics to first update.

OnEntry: if(content(current) >= 2) closeinput(current);

OnExit: if(content(current) <= 2) senddelayedmessage(current);

OnMessage: openinput(current);
Old 01-13-2008
Flexsim User

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply.
I have Flexsim 3 licenced version in my institution. So I am using the same.
CanI download the version 4 directly from internet?

Regards,
Mallik.
Old 01-14-2008
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

The latest version of the software is always available free of charge to users current on their maintenance agreement with Flexsim. The software can be downloaded from https://account.flexsim.com/downloads after logging in with the User Name and User Code that are associated with the active license.
Old 01-25-2008
Flexsim User

Dear Sir,

I have tried many times to use send msg option in the above problem. But still I didn't get that.

I could download Flexsim4 but it is not getting installed even Flexsim3 is working good on my computer.

Your suggestions please.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
On Message Trigger Anthony Timmiss Q&A 19 08-13-2008 08:20 AM
manual entry danieldiep Q&A 5 11-26-2007 06:11 AM