ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-15-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 0
zhang xin is on a distinguished road
Default about stop time and statistic

Hi, in the attached is a very simple model to test statistic.

I set stop time to 4, but the model stop at time 3. I think maybe it is because there's no event after 3. But I want to compute the average queue length based on run time 4. The queue's statistic and the recorder's statistic are based on run time 3. How to resolve this problem?

I tried to put another source into the model and let it generate an item at time 4, then the recorder can give correct average queue length but the queue still cannot. Is there a better solution?
Attached Files
File Type: fsm inventory.fsm (29.4 KB, 113 views)
Old 07-15-2012
Flexsim User

I tested the flexsim model, and find that eventhough you set the stop time in the experimenter, the model may stop before that time because there is no event left.

But in my model, some performance metrics are based on stop time, for example, queue average length. Can someone help me resolve this problem?

thanks
Old 07-16-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

create a user event at runtime 4. The code can be anything ,e.g. print the current time in the output console.

The function is in Tools > User Events

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Paulo Lopes (02-02-2015)
Old 07-16-2012
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post
Hello,

create a user event at runtime 4. The code can be anything ,e.g. print the current time in the output console.

The function is in Tools > User Events

Jörg
Dear Jorg, thank you. But the queue still cannot report correct average queue length. Correct value should be 2.5, while it reports 2 based on run time 4.
Old 07-16-2012
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

The stats updates only if an item enters over leaves the object (p.e.: You can see this if you take a look into the stats "State" of a processor during simulation.)

If you want to update the stats at a specific moment, you can add "updatestates()" in your user event. This command is also called if you push the stop button.

Greetings

Carsten
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
domcylai (08-22-2012)
Old 07-17-2012
Flexsim User

Dear, Carsten, Thank for your help.
I build a user event to update stats, but the queue object still cannot report correct avg length, the record can report correct value. I am confused.
Please see the attachment. Please set the stop time to 4.01.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm inventory.fsm (29.2 KB, 92 views)
Old 07-31-2012
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

The objects update their content stats when items enter or leave.

For 6.0.2, we have added functionality so that content stats are also updated when you stop the model or call updatestates().

We plan to release 6.0.2 tomorrow if all goes well. We're doing some final testing on the install before we release.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
zhang xin (08-03-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stop and resume objects at specified time john mic Q&A 6 11-02-2010 01:48 AM
statistic mariogib Q&A 10 03-16-2009 03:43 PM
Export of statistic data from Experimenter Matthias Hofmann Q&A 1 11-04-2008 09:05 AM
Make sure you stop model with the stop button before collecting state based statistics Paul Dowling Tips and Tricks 2 06-10-2008 08:10 AM
How to run tasks after stop time? Fadhlullah Bin Rahmat Q&A 1 02-26-2008 04:44 PM