ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-12-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Marco Bergmann is on a distinguished road
Default Multiprocessor / change processes when item enters

I want to define a item-related list of process (maybe in global table) and when an item enters Multiprocessor i want to use OnEntry event to fill the list of processes depending defintion in global table.

Is it possible?
Old 11-12-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about
Default If you can define the routes dependent item...

If you can define the routes dependent item, after you define the global tables of the routes, you can change it according to the item type.
Old 11-13-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Marco Bergmann is on a distinguished road

routes?

I try to explain it again:

Multiprocessor allows to define as many processes as i want (in GIU). Each process have process times, operator assignment, ...

I want to use this modul for a flexible assembly station (many products, ready to setup). Because of that the way how to assemble the products is different. It means sometimes more steps, sometimes less. And the times are very different.

So i want to change the processes in Multiprocessor depending the item which enters. And data of comes from global table.

Which attribute, function i can use to change the processes in Multiprocessor?

It would be good when also Multiprocessor can be related to a global table like Source/arrival schedule.
Old 11-13-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Have you seen the models posted by Tom david .here is the links that will help
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...?do=file&id=80
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=172
The Following User Says Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (11-13-2013)
Old 11-13-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hi Marco,

I don´t think what your are trying to do is possible.
If you use a Multiprocessor and crate some Processes every Item that enters the Multiprocessor has to do all Processes.
What I think is possible, you can change the processtime depending on Itemtype. For this you could create a global table and set values there.
This way it also is possible to set some processtimes to 0 in the table. But they still will be done. So if you use a Operator for a process with time 0 it still will be called.

Attached is a small example.
If you really want to do what you explain, you should think about a solution where every process gets it´s own processor.

Greetings
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Multiprocessor_Test_SH.fsm (14.4 KB, 81 views)
Old 11-13-2013
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Marco,

see my post to your other thread on how to display the current process' name on a multiprocessor. The problem with dynamically changing the names of the processes is, that you would introduce and delete states from the state profile during runtime, which will mess up the results.

Some questions to better understand what you are trying to do:

1. Will this change just happen once for a simulation run as kind of an initialization process? In this case I would suggest to change OnReset.
2. If the change is going to happen more often, then you might want to use multiple multiprocessors in parallel and just route the item to the one matching the item's request for process names.
3. Another option would be to leave the actual process names as they are standard and just display a process name from a global table based on Itemtype for table column and ProcessNumber for table row.

Let me know, what works for you and if you would need help to implement that solution.

Best wishes

Ralf
FlexSim

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to make a change on more than 1 multiprocessor simultaneously mearjun Q&A 1 12-06-2012 12:29 AM
How to use stopobject command in between processes on a Multiprocessor? mearjun Flexsim Student Forum 2 09-10-2012 01:05 PM
How to make a loop of processes on the multiprocessor mearjun Flexsim Student Forum 3 09-04-2012 08:07 PM
how to change the rotation of item on conveyor? oliver xie Q&A 1 05-18-2011 04:47 AM
change 3D shape of a packed flow item KelvinHo Q&A 2 02-27-2008 09:41 PM