ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-09-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
vivek dubey is on a distinguished road
Default Need help in supply chain production plan updation

Hello everyone,
This is a supply chain scenario wherein I need to change (upload) a new production schedule in excel format while the model is running with an existing schedule & withoutreset the model to see the changes. Is it possible ?
As per the market demand the productionschedule is expected to change frequently with no fixed timeline. How can Iincorporate this flexibility in the flexsim model without resettingthe running model. I tried using GUI but no success. Please suggest.
Regards,
Vivek
Old 02-10-2016
Axel Kohonen

Downloads: 22

Hi,

Where do you have the production schedule? Is it a global table or something else? My answer below assumes that you have a global table where you have the data.

I am not sure if one can import an Excel table while the simulation is running. Probably if the model is stopped, then new data is loaded and then the model is started again. This should be possible using some code that stops the model and updates the data if the file is changed. Look into the excelimporttable function for reading the excel data in code.

If that does not work then at least you can create a function yourself that reads the data from a text file into a global table. We are using a function like this ourselves.

I am not sure about how to check if the file has been modified. Unless there is some function for it, you possibly you can read e.g. the first row where you have some number that changes for each iteration of the file. Then you would need to periodically check for changes. Unless you figure out some way for the Excel file to notify Flexsim when it has changed.

Hope this helps

Axel
Old 02-15-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 23
vivek dubey is on a distinguished road
Default excel tool interface solving the pupose

Thank You Axel !!

Just found a way which solved my purpose. Need to stop the model first but without resetting the running model by linking the excel interface tool directly from current global table to my new excel file. Working for both arrival schedule as well as by global table.

Meanwhile as you said I will see if excelimport or similar function codes can help it change dynamically while the model is running even without stopping.

Thank You again

Regards
Vivek Dubey
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	new table updation.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	614.2 KB
ID:	3176  

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modelling a Supply chain UrbanAviator Q&A 9 06-27-2014 05:38 AM
Supply Chain or Logistics Model Gavin Douglas Q&A 2 06-28-2009 09:54 AM