ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 02-18-2016
Lester Antonni Hesita

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default FlexSim and Railway Simulation

Is it possible to use FlexSim in order to simulate a train system? I need to analyze the waiting and travel times of the passengers as they go through the train system.
Old 02-18-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Lester,

you can use the automated guided vehicle module to build a railroad system. If your intention lays more on a person flow analyses there exists addons for example from talumis. If you need the whole aspects of those very different parts you can combine them, but then it becomes a matter of detail you like to simulate in a single model.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Lester Antonni Hesita (02-22-2016)
Old 02-19-2016
FlexSim Brasil

Downloads: 10
mefhsmflexsimbr is on a distinguished road

YES, AGV modules works perfectly to handle simulation models involving railways issues. .....It's perfect.
Old 02-22-2016
Lester Antonni Hesita

Default AGV objects does not work properly :(

Hi all!

I've tried using AGV objects but it's not working. I've tried doing the tutorials (like how to make a straight path) but it always messes up the model display (i.e. the grid disappears and I cannot add objects anymore in the model).

Reinstalling and reupdating the software doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?
Old 02-23-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Lester,

you need a license rather than an express license to run modules (standard, enterprise, education,...)

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Lester Antonni Hesita (02-25-2016)
Old 02-23-2016
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a graphics card problem. Have you checked out this post?:
https://www.flexsim.com/community/fo...&highlight=gra
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (02-23-2016)
Old 02-27-2016
Lester Antonni Hesita

Thanks for the post Steven, it was indeed a graphics card issue.

Right now I'm experimenting using the AGV. In this situation I am trying to use the AGVs as trains. They will pick up a batch of items from the Queue and transport it to either Sink1 or Sink2, depending on the flowitem type.

What I need is the train to load items at the source, unload items in Sink1 (if necessary) before unloading the rest in Sink2. In my model however, items are somehow unloaded randomly(?) even if I used the OnLoad trigger on the TEs (Sort By Expression, descending).
Attached Files
File Type: fsm attempt1.fsm (23.6 KB, 567 views)

Tags
rail api train

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flexsim simulation kunal kumar Q&A 1 08-07-2015 08:09 PM
Banking Process simulation using Flexsim Simon Farsah Q&A 1 08-06-2010 06:05 AM
Flexsim- Simulation Engineer Posted by ATK Bill Nordgren Job Opportunities 1 06-08-2009 09:24 AM
Flexsim vs ARCport (Airport simulation) Simon Farsah Competitive Comparisons 0 05-30-2009 03:27 PM
Using Flexsim as a simulation engine? Kenny Macleod Q&A 2 11-19-2008 03:15 PM