ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
FAQ Downloads Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 09-13-2015
johannes paimela

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default How to configure model so that specific transporters can visit specific racks?

Hey,

I would like that only specific transporter can move itemtypes to specific racks. For example I have six racks: A, B, C, D, E, F, and I would like that only transporter1 can move itemtypes to racks A and B, and thus transporter2 moves itemtypes to racks C, D, E and F. From single queue the itemtypes are sent randomly to any available port, rack. I would just like that specific transporter can visit only particular racks.

How should I configure my model to achieve this goal? Should I configure Queue, dispatcher or transporter setups? I have attached in this message my example model related to this question.

Best regards
Johannes Paimela
Old 09-13-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

In the "use transport" trigger you have access to the port the item is send to. So there you can create a simple if then else or a case statement.

if port = 1 or port = 2 use transporter connected to centerport 1 else
if port = 3 or port = 4 use transporter connected to centerport 2 etc....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
johannes paimela (09-15-2015), Sebastian Hemmann (09-15-2015)