ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
FAQ Downloads Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 06-10-2015
hendry teo

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Default constant speed for crane

Hi all

Can someone teach me how to make the crane move at a constant speed, in any moment? I hope there is neither acceleration nor deceleration, so as long as the crane is moving, it will travel at that speed only.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hendry
Old 06-11-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Hendry,

I believe I have read about the values to set here in the forum. But I can't remember where. You can still test it on your own. If you build a model with a defined travel distance and set the crane using only one direction you can test typical values 0 and -1. If it does not work for you, you can set the acceleration and deceleration to a very high value. Then there is in error in your results, but it is nearly zero.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
hendry teo (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015
hendry teo

Hi Jorg

Thanks so much for the help.

Can you please clarify what you meant by "set the crane using only one direction"?

So far, what I tried is that I make all the acceleration and deceleration values become zero (0). Then I only change the value of "Max Speed" of its gantry/hoist/trolley to, say, X m/s. I observed that, within one second, the crane is still able to travel X meter. Is there anything wrong with my method?

Thank you very much!

Hendry
Old 06-11-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Hello Hendry,

The crane moves with offset,that will use the acceleration/deceleration.You can get rid off by going to the crane’s Taskexecutor tab and set the dropdown option on the right to "Do not travel offsets for load/unload tasks".You should use network node in this case.This should remove the offset travel and crane moves at constant speed.

Last edited by sagar bolisetti; 06-12-2015 at 02:08 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
hendry teo (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015
hendry teo

Hi Sagar

Thank you for your help. But I cannot use network node for my model.

Hendry
Old 06-12-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Hendry,

a small model to test acceleration and deceleration
TestCraneAcceleratinDeceleration-JV.fsm
Jörg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
hendry teo (06-13-2015), Sebastian Hemmann (06-16-2015)
Old 06-13-2015
hendry teo

Hi Jorg!

Thank you so much for the model. Now I can substantiate that the crane is moving at a constant speed.

Hendry!