ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Installation
Downloads

Installation Installation, licensing and hardware issues

Old 07-27-2009
TMN Simulation -Australia

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
michaelsmith will become famous soon enough
Default Running Multiple Versions

We currently have a number of models working under several releases of Flexsim. Are ther any issues to be aware of running 4.32 and 4.5 on the same machine.
Old 07-27-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

I have different Flexsim Version on my computer and it works.
But I only have one Version active.

I installed the different versions by copying the existing directory and renamed it (e.g. Flexsim432). Then I installed the next version (e.g. Flexsim 452).
The directory of the version I like to use (active version) has the name Flexsim4.
So if I like to use version v4.32 I rename the directory to Flexsim4.

I hope it is understandable what I mean.

By the way, it is also possible to have more then one instance of Flexsim open at the same time. It should not give problems, but I only use it, if I like to have more then one model open for coding. If I do experiments, I only have one instance open. I like to be safe, even if it might work with different instances at the same time.
Old 01-12-2010
TMN Simulation -Australia

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
michaelsmith will become famous soon enough

I have had a bit more of a look into this and a stable way of working seems to be the following
  1. Remove all versions of Flexsim 4, make sure there is no "Flexsim4" directory
  2. Install Flexsim 4.32 in a directory called "Flexsim 4.32"
  3. Install Version 4.5 in a directory called "Flexsim 4.5"
  4. Ensure your models point to the correct directory.
During an installation of 4.5 Flexsim will look for and remove files from a "Flexsim4" directory.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems with running time Jan Brandau Q&A 23 11-18-2009 04:16 AM
Flexsim running performance vs Automode performance... syseo Marketing and Sales Information 6 06-10-2009 08:35 PM
In what cases the running simulation would stop itself? KelvinHo Q&A 1 05-08-2008 08:32 AM
error message "Clock overflow, running stopped" Martin Kooijman Q&A 11 04-17-2008 10:29 AM
Flexsim instance is still running for over a minute Martin Saler Q&A 1 10-04-2007 11:44 PM