ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Tips and Tricks
Downloads

Tips and Tricks Share helpful modeling ideas

Old 09-24-2007
Flexsim User

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
Maurits Brandt is on a distinguished road
Post Dispay information on separate screen

L.S.
I am wondering if/how there is an easy way to display information from within the model into some sort of separate screen which is independent of the view, e.g. in some sort of GUI like screen.
Example: now I keep track of some performance parameters (times, loads etc.) by using visual tools next to some areas in my model. However, in this case one can loose track of the situation pretty easily and one is dependent of the view angle.
Old 10-09-2007
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Dirk-Jan will become famous soon enough

Maurits,

You already wrote the answer in your question: create a GUI with this "cock-pit functionality" Using the GUIbuilder you can create a GUI with text and even a 3D view. It is not too difficult if you work through the Helpfile on the GUI builder. The topic of GUIs is also discussed within the advanced training.

Regards,
Dirk-Jan