ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Tips and Tricks
Downloads

Tips and Tricks Share helpful modeling ideas

Old 06-11-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Sung Kim is on a distinguished road
Default How to recognize the task excuter by connection

Hi,

Could anyone help me to find out how to recognize a Dispatcher by connection of task excuter?

Something like using inobject(), outobject(), or centerobject() command.
I tested them, but none of them works for me.

Ex. inobject(MyTaskExcuter, 1);

I tried to find the Dispatcher by TaskExcuter's tree structure, but could not find it. Where I can have the connection information? If so, maybe I can referring the Dispatcher by node command associated with TaskExcuter.

node("/MyDispatcher", model()); works fine to me, but I would like to use TaskExcuter as a startnode.

Thanks for help in advance.
Old 06-11-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Sung,

If the task executers are hooked to the dispatcher correctly (ie output of dispatcher to input of TE) then you should be able to use the inobject(TE, port) command to return a reference to the dispatcher. To make things easy on yourself you may want to insure that the dispatcher is the only object connected to the TE via input port or insure that it is connected to input port 1.

You can rearrange an objects ports (as far as what port # is connected to what object) by using the properties window of the object.

If this doesn't work for you then you'll have to give a better explaination as to how your model is connected up or supply a sample of your model for us to look at.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Old 06-11-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Sung Kim is on a distinguished road
Default Oops!

Your are right. I missed the port parameter for the command. The command works just fine with correct port number!

Thanks!!

Sung

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to send msg to another which do not have connection with the sender object KelvinHo Q&A 3 03-05-2008 04:28 AM