ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Installation
Downloads

Installation Installation, licensing and hardware issues

Old 12-06-2010
Consulting in Simulation

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Vincent Bechard will become famous soon enoughVincent Bechard will become famous soon enough
Default Hardware compatibility: funny moments

Hi,

There have been numerous threads on hardware compatibility. Here is another one I wanted to share.

I bought a laptop in 2004. It is built by Averatec, and it is a proto-netbook. See what it's made of:
- processor: Athlon-M 1.5 GHz (yeah, single core!, and it runs hot with a noisy blower)
- memory: originally 512 Mo, boosted to 1 Go
- graphic card: S3 (maybe use Google...)
- mother board clock: 290 MHz

In 2004, it was a bomb. Today, it is less than a firecracker! Nevertheless, it is still my best companion for traveling with its 4.3 pounds and 12" screen.

I installed Flexsim 4.52. I have never been able to run it, the laptop froze.
I installed FLexsim 5.0.4, just in case, just to see what happens. Surprise! It works perfectly! The graphics rendering is perfect and the model runs surprisingly fast.

So, Flexsim programmers, you did the great: more functionnalities but better old-timer hardware compatibility than with Flexsim 4. I am amazed and very glad to be able to work with Flexsim while traveling.
ca.linkedin.com/in/vincentbechard/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vincent Bechard For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (12-09-2010)
Old 12-07-2010
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Vincent,

if you are looking for a replacement for your old companion, consider Alienware m11x. Just bought one of those and the performance is outstanding for a 11.6" notebook. Only hook is the screen resolution (1376x768) but at a customer you use a projector and at work you have a second screen attached anyhow.

Good luck

Ralf
Flexsim Deutschland
The Following User Says Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (12-09-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Hardware to Order Sebastian Hemmann Installation 15 05-10-2011 07:55 AM
Compatibility with Vector Map (VMAP) GIS maps Kenny Macleod Q&A 1 04-01-2009 03:08 PM
New Hardware Setup Alistair Smitheman Installation 3 03-20-2009 03:07 AM
Big Models - How big and what hardware Kenny Macleod Pre-sales Questions 3 10-01-2008 10:38 AM
Compatibility problem Bill Chan Gripes and Goodies 5 09-25-2008 09:26 PM