ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-11-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough
Default Sequence of Flow Items Through a Processor

I'm trying to perform a really simple sequencing task but I am struggling to get it working.

Flow items arrive into 2 separate queues.
The 2 queues feed a processor.

The flow items have a label "seq" which contains the sequence number. The rate at which the flow items arrive in the queues can vary.

The constraint is that the processor must process the parts in sequence order.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've searched through previous threads but can't find anything on the subject.

I have a global table value that is updated with the next required seqeunce number to be processed.

I am then comparing this to the items in the queue.

I think the problem may be checking the label "seq" value of the first item in the queue? Do you have to specify you want to look at the first item that entered the queue and if so how?

Anth

Problem solved with help from Gary at Saker Solutions. I needed to use a pull rule on the processor.

Last edited by Anthony Timmiss; 06-11-2008 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Extra information

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flow item in object in time 0 KelvinHo Q&A 17 04-17-2012 09:12 AM
Can a combiner process multi items simultaneously? KelvinHo Q&A 6 11-08-2010 11:29 AM
Operator not unloading items before picking up priority items Howe Chiat Cheng Q&A 2 05-28-2008 02:05 AM
Flow items with states AlanZhang Q&A 16 11-30-2007 10:32 AM