ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-28-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0
Lucie Lerivrey is on a distinguished road
Default Coordinated Task sequence and call sb tasks

Hi,

I am tried to get a front loader to load a truck until it is full. The issue is that at the time that the tasksequence is created not all of the charge exists.
So I tried to use task sequences with a call sub task, in order to be able to evaluate the charge at the right time.
The principal part of the task sequence works fine, my problem is the sub taks (in On message trigger, where the sub task will be created and dispached). How do I point to the 2 allocated resources since I can´t reallocate them but I need their key the assign them new tasks?

How can it be done?
Attached is what I have so far (not working)
Attached Files
File Type: fsm pruebaCC - copia.fsm (53.8 KB, 114 views)
Old 11-02-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Juan Segui is on a distinguished road

Hi Lucie,

I've set up this model. I decided to move away from the coordinated task sequence and just think of the job as three parts.

1) Get the Operator2 you are going to Load, into the transfer position. (So create a task sequence for that operator, and get him into state utilize whilst you are going to load him)

2) Get the First Operator (the one that is going to load) to carry the parts from the Queue and place them on the Operator2

3) When the operator is full (I've set it up so it gets 5 objects) create a task sequence for him to go and unload the parts into the destination.

This model will only work with a maximum capacity of the first Queue of 1. IF you increase that it will create a number of tasks and getting the Operator2.

That way you only need code in two places. One on the Request Transport from (Queue1) and the second one on the Operator2 message trigger.

Update: The solution is NOT bulletproof, it MUST require that the second operator reaches the transfer point, before the Operator1 brings the next box. This could be achieved by closing the output port of the Queue once the Operator2 starts its task sequence.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Cargador.fsm (48.0 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by Juan Segui; 11-03-2011 at 02:34 AM.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coordinated task movement error shashanktrivedi Q&A 1 05-09-2011 08:49 AM
About Coordinated Task Sequences Normand Côté Gripes and Goodies 1 06-21-2008 06:08 AM
Can coordinated task sequence and "break to requirement" be used together? qin tian Q&A 1 05-26-2008 10:44 AM
coordinated task sequence, need help. qin tian Q&A 4 05-12-2008 05:52 PM
Queuing coordinated task sequences? Nico Zahn Q&A 19 04-02-2008 08:30 AM