ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > User Development
FAQ Downloads Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

User Development User developed add-ons to Flexsim

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2014
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of
Default Heatmap Module

Hi community!
I've a little something for you ;-) I've developed a little module to show a heatmap in our models. It's brandnew and still beta but I'm interested in our opinion.

Restrictions for this beta:
- no gui
- only for 64 bit
- tested only with FlexSim GP 7.1.4 64bit on a Windows 7 64bit

How to install?
Unzip file to modules folder in flexsim.

How to use?
Just drag your new HeatmapTicker object into your model. That's it.

What does this module?
This module draw a heatmap in your model. It collects the location of your taskexecuters for each tick of the heatmapticker. This shows you how often a location was used. Red means a hot area and blue a cold area.
Which settings options are available?
Even without a gui you have several options to configure your heatmap. You have to access your heatmapticker with the tree view. The settings are in the variables node:
- ticktime -> time interval to add the actual location of your taskexecuters
- gridsizeX -> area in x to summarize locations
- gridsizeY -> area in y to summarize locations
- sizeZ -> if greater than 0, your heatmap goes up in the sky
- objectList -> only for your information, which taskexecuters are registered for the heatmap (robot and elevators aren't added)
- mesh -> heatmap drawing, don't touch
You can make you heatmap invisible if you use the flexsim command switch_hideshape.

Hints:
- very small ticktime, gridsizeX and/or gridsizeY boost your cpu usage
- only taskexecuters in the model tree will be recognized
- only used locations will be stored -> no restrictions for locations
- the colors and optional heights aren't linear -> a natural logarithm will be used with the measured data to make the heatmap more visible

I'm curious about your thoughts and hints. Of course you'll get the final version also. Did I mentioned that it's free?

Thanks to Kris Geisberger who brings the heatmap to my mind

http://cloud.scheffernet.de/owncloud...487d5f6e922fd8 (64 bit FlexSim V7.3.6)
or http://cloud.scheffernet.de/owncloud...9e9609069cb17f (32 bit FlexSim V7.3.6)
or http://cloud.scheffernet.de/owncloud...1aa8b8c6f5762b (64 bit FlexSim V7.5)

Last edited by Carsten Seehafer; 02-05-2015 at 02:25 AM. Reason: new download links
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Alan Brims (07-15-2014), Anthony Johnson (07-11-2014), Ben Wilson (07-11-2014), Jing Chen (01-31-2015), Jörg Vogel (07-14-2014), Kris Geisberger (07-16-2014), mgiubilato (09-03-2014), RalfGruber (07-13-2014), Steven Hamoen (07-11-2014)