ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-19-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
hani2899 is on a distinguished road
Default Picking from a Rack

Hello all,

I am modeling a process whereby an operator picks items from the queue and places them onto a rack. The thing is I am trying to model the picking part by having the operator pick several items from random cells and transferring them to the downstream station (which happens to be a processor), but I always end up having the operator pick one item at a time (i.e.: the operator picks one item and transfers it, then he has to go back and pick the next...etc)

Can anyone please help?

Thanks
Hani
Old 11-21-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Have you tryed to increase the Capacity of Operator?
Old 11-21-2011
Flexsim User

yes i have, i increased it but still didnt work. I want the operator to move from one cell to another
Old 11-21-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

change the break to requirement to same itemtype in the taskexecuter.

Jörg
Old 11-21-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

You have a processor as destination but a processor can only receive 1 item at a time when you drag it in. So either put a queue infront or increase the max content of the processor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (11-23-2011)
Old 11-23-2011
Flexsim User

Thanks Stephen, it worked!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Picking process Simon Farsah Q&A 9 03-23-2015 06:55 AM
Sort a picklist for picking from a rack Michael Pohl Tips and Tricks 0 09-30-2009 02:28 AM
Modeling tool picking Derrick Serbonich Q&A 0 06-23-2009 01:45 PM
Box Picking from a pallet in a rack Michael Hartlieb Q&A 9 12-11-2008 10:12 AM
ASRS Picking Gavin Douglas Q&A 1 09-09-2008 09:21 AM