ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Tips and Tricks
Downloads

Tips and Tricks Share helpful modeling ideas

Old 11-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold
Default Dashboard issues

Hi guys,

in attached model you can see a small example with a Dashboard to Show states of the Multiprocessors. Is it possible to Change the Colors of different states? For me it is complicated to find difference between "idle" and "waiting for Operator".

I also irregularly get warnings by using Dashboard. Will post an example model as soon as I get it replicable.

greetings
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Band_Rev002.fsm (24.9 KB, 79 views)
Old 11-22-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Hi Sebastian,

please open the configuration window of your statistic "State Pie" and go to the tab "Utilization Analysis". There you should set a green mark to the required state.

I hope this fits your needs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-22-2013)
Old 11-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sebastian,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Hemmann View Post
Hi guys,
...Is it possible to Change the Colors of different states? For me it is complicated to find difference between "idle" and "waiting for Operator".
We faced this behaviour some Flexsim Versions before in the recorder pie chart. Then there was a version (I believe Flexsim 5) wherein the user was able to change the palette. I have not found this feature again in Flexsim 7 nor I have found the source code where the color is set to the states in Flexsim 7.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013
Flexsim User

Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

After closing and opening model all my content in dashboard seems to be resized. Is it possible to store sizes and positions?
Old 11-25-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sebastian,

have you tried to store the workplace as default:
File > Global Preferences > Enviroment >Save Workspace as Default.

It is not what you are looking for, because it changes the Workspace for every model!

Jörg
Old 12-19-2013
Flexsim User

Hi Jörg, thanks for your reply. I´m not able to find out what this Button "Save Workspace as Default" does!?

But I think I didn´t explain fair enough what I´m looking for.
Since V7 there is no other way for me to show dynamicaly graphs and pies than in dashboard. So I regularly try to build some analyses with it.
I add a Dashboardtab and include some windows with different state pies and stuff. Then I size the windows with each other the way it has to look like seen in Picture1 attached. Irregularly it happens, that the windows after opening the model are staying empty (Picture2) or resized (Picture3). Unfortunately I can´t build any example model for it, because it doesn´t happen often and seems to be different for different Hardware. I hoped it would be solved by 7.0.4 but still have to build new dashboard content irregularly.

So maybe anybody can give me a hint how to create my dynamic analyses solid enough to make me able to show it to customers?
Or how to create another type of analyses?
Am I the only one with this Problems? (than maybe it´s a user-/ hardware problem)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture1.jpg (264.5 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Picture2.jpg (178.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Picture3.jpg (205.7 KB, 69 views)
Old 12-19-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Hemmann View Post
Am I the only one with this Problems?
No, I can confirm this kind of problems:
- Sometimes the statistics in the dashboard keeps empty. I have to reopen the dashboard and make a simulation run to fix this.
- The statistics in the dashboard will be resized if I start flexsim and open a saved model. Because of that I try to build the statistics during the presentation (but this isn't always possible).

I should mention that I'm using V7.0.2 (because of FlexSim Module SDK, last tag is v7.0_Release from 10/15/2013 ). Maybe it's a little different in 7.0.4.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transport issues FlorianK Q&A 3 05-24-2011 10:36 AM
GUI Button Issues shashanktrivedi Q&A 5 05-23-2011 10:34 PM
Flexsim HC issues discovered during HC training Cliff King FlexSim HC: Q&A 0 05-14-2010 12:42 PM
PLC connection, positioning issues Stephan Seidel Q&A 13 04-08-2010 01:02 AM
Operator Control Issues Gavin Douglas Q&A 3 01-26-2010 10:39 AM