ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-19-2012
Postdoctoral Researcher

Downloads: 93
Uploads: 0
Shahin Gelareh is on a distinguished road
Default coordinated task sequences

Hi everybody,

A group of transporters are transporting some boxes based a schedule which is fed by the user. This schedule determines which jobs are performed after which ones and which transporters are involved int he job. There are two processors which produce the tasks.
the problem is that the path on which transporters are traveling are not known in advance.
This is a dynamic problem where the next travel link is decided when transporter arrives at certain network node.
the issue is that when a transporter arrives at certain network node and a new task sequence is invoked by another processor to call this transporter for collecting a box there is no guarantee that it actually continues its way and does not leave the current mission to the destination and go to another processor which has called it for another mission.

It does not seem to me that priorities resolve this issue. is there any suggestion?

also I had another post where I asked if we specify some item-dependent information on some labels on transporters and expect this information to be available until the end of delivery the when another coordinated task sequence is invoked the information is re-written and lost. is there any way to avoid this?

thanks in advance
Old 02-20-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

with preempting the active tasksequence is canceled and the now not finished part is moved to the tasksequencequeue to be finished later. The preempting tasksequence is executed instead.

For a report of changed label values try a different storage method - a table.
Add a row for a new set of values. Sort the table, so the old finished values are at the bottom and resize the table, that the still active values stay. maybe there exists a command to destroy rows, too.

You can add a table to a label too.

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 02-20-2012 at 01:05 AM. Reason: not sure if preempting works with coordinated tasksequences
Old 02-20-2012
Postdoctoral Researcher

Downloads: 93
Shahin Gelareh is on a distinguished road

Thanks Joerg,

I think I was partially unclear.
Well, I need to ensure that if the following happens I am still able to deliver the item by the transporter 1:

1. t= 0: procesor 1 called transporter1 (coordinated task sequence)
2. t= 5 transporter 1 go to DEST via network node nn1 (cts)
3. t=10 processor 2 called transporter 1
4. t=11 transporter 1 arrive at NN1

now I need to ensure that when it arrives at NN1 does not leave the mission incomplete and go to transporter 2 but still travels towards DEST

Also is there possibility to assign a destination and rely on the path chosen by Flexsim routing algorithm but then every node have the possibility to re-direct without actually changing destination?

The second issue was that when at t=10 the call has been made then the information in labels of transporter 1 are replaced by new thing and lost. I do not want this I want this change do not happen until the transporter 1 completes the mission of delivering to DEST.
So you think the solution is table?

thanks.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coordinated task movement error shashanktrivedi Q&A 1 05-09-2011 08:49 AM
Task Sequences Daniel Schneider Gripes and Goodies 20 09-28-2010 07:30 AM
About Coordinated Task Sequences Normand Côté Gripes and Goodies 1 06-21-2008 06:08 AM
coordinated task sequence, need help. qin tian Q&A 4 05-12-2008 05:52 PM
Queuing coordinated task sequences? Nico Zahn Q&A 19 04-02-2008 08:30 AM