ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-16-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0
Lucie Lerivrey is on a distinguished road
Default Dashboard and Experimenter

Hi,

I have created a dashboard with a state bar graphic for a model (attached a simplified version of the problem). I want to use the State bar in the Experimenter (to obtain the utilization percentage). Up to there ok. However when I would like to have diferent scenarios in order to see the diference with more operators, I'm not getting the correct results. I can only see the first operators results in the dash board statics and the Experimenter results. How can I get the utilization of the entire team and see the details in the dashboard for multiple teams? (The same problem appears when using groups instead of Dispatcher teams).

Thank a lot for any suggestion!
Attached Files
File Type: fsm DashboardExperimenter.fsm (88.0 KB, 101 views)
Old 06-23-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
in the Tab performance measures you have built a state bar - average. You have chosen two operators, that is the first step. In the second step you have to combine them. Therefore select the two operators and press the combine multiple objects into in single bar button. Give the combined objects a name.

Jörg
Old 06-23-2013
Flexsim User

Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

hi,
there are more tips I found recently. To be able to select more Operators and combine them the scenario should contain more operators to select. With the button Go to Scenario under the Scenario Tab the model is automatically changed into the right amount of Taskexecuters present for the Scenario. The model must be reset.
Now you are able to select more Taskexecuters and combine them.

Maybe You have to adjust the state analysis statistic for every Scenario.

Jörg
Old 06-23-2013
Flexsim User

Unhappy Combined Objects not work with more Experimenter Scenarios

hi,

there seems to be a problem with the combined objects. On every further Scenario as the first one the combined objects loose all the objects but the first. And with only one object, the combined Object group looses its integrity and it is deleted. So the statistic doesn't work as expected. You were absolutely right.

Jörg
Old 06-24-2013
Flexsim User

Unhappy

Hi,
another approach is to assign the maximum of operators to Dispatchers in a model. On Replication Start close the input of every Operator thus no Operator will work. Then you can open the input of every Operator, which should be active in the Scenario. This is controlled by an Label you change in the Experimenter.

Perhaps you have to build for every Scenario an independent State Bar in the Dashboard to get the right Statistic.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Lucie Lerivrey (06-25-2013)
Old 06-25-2013
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie,
It looks like this is a bug in the way the experimenter implements the Number of TaskExecuters option. We'll get this fixed for the next release.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Lucie Lerivrey (06-25-2013)
Old 06-25-2013
Flexsim User

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your help on this!
For the mean time I'll go on using my Flexsim 5 function for calculating the utilization ratio for groups.

And thanks for adding that in the next release.
Old 10-03-2013
Flexsim User

Smile Thanks for fixing that bug!

Hi,

I was just checked out the problem I was having in this post, and it work perfectly with FlexSim 7!

Thanks a lot for taking it in account in the new version!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucie Lerivrey For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (10-03-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recording the dashboard with the AVIMaker Vadim Fooks Tips and Tricks 0 05-27-2013 09:34 PM
Dashboard Graph Content vs Time for Fluid object Abdul Mirza Q&A 3 05-10-2013 08:29 AM
dashboard error? zhang xin Q&A 3 03-07-2013 06:19 PM
Dashboard can't display anything... syseo Q&A 6 08-31-2012 01:47 AM
Dashboard: Output per time David Chan Q&A 3 07-15-2012 02:30 AM