ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-25-2007
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough
Question Error: Cannot find the input table or query 'Objects'.

When I use Generate Report in Reports and Statistics, I got the following error message at the end:
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'Objects'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

If I run the model and set the stop time to a long time (more than 30,000 flow items are generated), I got the above error message. Even I get the error, the mdb file is still generated (The corrupted mdb file is about 30MB). The same model, if I run the model half way, I can use Generate Report (The generated mdb file is about 59MB. Interesting thing is the size is larger than 30MB) and won't get any error message. The model I am using has no C++ code.

I can use the MS Access to open the mdb file. In the mdb, I only see the following three tables:
  • Global
  • Movements
  • StateChanges
So the table Object, Groups, StateReport, SummaryReport, and Tables (standard tables in a good Flexsim mdb file) are missing.

I also checked the three tables. Global table has only one record, which is fine. Movements table is complete (about 300,000 records) since I can see my last flow item in it. But StateChanges table is not complete, only have few records.

Any hints on what might cause the problem? Is there any Flexsim limitations when using Generate Report? Any solution? Thanks.

Alan
Old 10-25-2007
Technical Support Manager

Downloads: 79
Jeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really nice

Alan,

I had a request from one of the guys here to see your model. Is it possible for you to attach it? That way we can "play" with it and maybe figure out what is happening?

Thanks,
Old 01-18-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 4
Nico Zahn has a spectacular aura aboutNico Zahn has a spectacular aura about

Hi there, I had the same issue in 4.01. Big Modell with lots of objects. Database size gets up to 140 MB then the report generation stopps with an error of the jet module, telling it can´t find 'objects'. ??
Old 01-21-2008
Flexsim Senior Developer

Downloads: 8
AJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the rough
Default Flexsim Chart error message

Whenever something like this happens, I always try to recreate the database again. Sometimes it has problems the first time, but works just fine the second. Whether or not that works please send a copy of the model to the support team. Let them know what steps you follow when the error appears. Also, please let them know which version of Flexsim you are using. I believe we made some changes in 4.3 that should make it more stable. It may be that there's something in the model that's stopping the database generation routine from working, and we'd like to figure out what that is. Once we know what's causing the problem, we can help you fix the model and then fix the database routine so that's it's more robust. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 4
Nico Zahn has a spectacular aura aboutNico Zahn has a spectacular aura about
Default Sometimes?

Hi AJ,
so I used to think things work or they don´t in a digital machine?
So I have some problems with things sometimes working. So I have a second modell which also has this sometimes problem in writing the database.
I am sorry but the sending the modell is not possible because it contains sensitive information. But you already had the same error. So for me this is serious issue, because I rely on a working report generation when I give estimations about the cost of a project. Now I have a working modell everybodies asking questions about the results of model runs and all I get is not working report...
Old 01-24-2008
Flexsim Senior Developer

AJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the rough

Nico,

It's actually been a while since I've seen this error, but here's what I remember about it. Generally this happened when an exception of some sort occurred during the database-generation routine. Basically, the routine ran into some data that it didn't know how to handle and it quit working. There are three situations that I remember that would cause it to stop working.

1) There are objects in the model that have names that the database-generation routine doesn't like. Try to take out any spaces or special characters from object names.
2) There are groups defined in the model that also have names that the routine doesn't like. Again, take out any spaces or special characters.
3) There is a list of classes that are automatically selected for inclusion in the database. In some models adding or removing classes from this list would cause errors like this.

I understand that you have sensitive data in your model. Here in the Flexsim office we are under a strict non-disclosure agreement with all of our clients. Depending on your own company policies you may be able to send the model (or maybe just the database, sometimes we can work with that) to us without worrying that we'll share it or the data in it with anyone.
Old 04-29-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
Paul Dowling is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am also experiencing this problem (using 4.01). Have any inroads been made regarding it (eg current version)? I'm holding off upgrading FS during a big project at moment, but if it will let me use FS chart on the data it may be worth the effort/ risk.

A couple of points regarding the error:

* It only occurs after a certain amount of time (not a constant time though, varies as i change different objects to record etc)
*The error occurs even when i:
- Don't try to generate a state report
- oly report on 1 object type (ASRSVehicle)
- only have 2 attributes: stat_input and stat_output

Thanks.
Old 04-30-2008
Flexsim Senior Developer

Paul,

Since 4.01 there have been some considerable improvements and changes to Flexsim Chart. I believe that includes some extra checks to try and stop the error that you are seeing. I think it would probably be worth the time and effort to upgrade to the latest version of Flexsim. If you still have trouble after upgrading, let me know. I'll be happy to help. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
Paul Dowling is on a distinguished road

Thanks AJ, have a deadline for a project this week so will hold off until then then upgrade...

Paul