ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Sales and Services > Pre-sales Questions
Downloads

Pre-sales Questions Want to know more about Flexsim? Ask our existing users!

Old 06-01-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
juan alberto is on a distinguished road
Default task executer

Can I charge initially a task executer (for instance a ship) with objects (for instance containers) and that these 2 are then moved together and a transporter who collects the containers and leave them in a queue, and the boat goes the other way ?

The boat will be created by a source but I want to leave charged as determined number of containers on top and they both follow a path to a point where the containers are unloaded by a crane.

You could help me please?

Thank's.
Old 06-01-2009
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

My first thought is to use a TaskExecuterFlowitem to represent your ships. The TaskExecuterFlowitem is a special flowitem (see Tools>Flowitem Bin) that can be routed through standard fixed resource type objects (e.g. Queue, Processor, etc.) in your model just like normal flowitems, but it can also be dispatched task sequences like the task executer type objects (e.g. Operator, Transport, etc.).

The simplist way to charge the ships would be to first create them with a Source, then pass them through a Combiner that is also connected to a Source creating container flowitems to be able to pack the containers inside the ship.

You can unload the containers from the ship by first passing it through a Separator to move the containers from the ship into a Queue object that calls for a transport unload the containers (i.e. check the "Use Transport" box on the flow tab of the Queue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cliff King For This Useful Post:
Timo van der Gaag (01-16-2014)

Tags
None