ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-26-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
John Behrends is on a distinguished road
Default How to force a combiner task

I have a sorting operation model. At the end of the operation, each combiner should be cleared, regardless of the number of units in the combiner (not reaching the target). The flowitems are not to be dumped. They are to be handled as if the combiner has reached the target for the flowitem.

This is to occur at the end of the simulation after the last flowitem has entered the combiner.

I plan to send a message indicating that it's time to close the combiner. However, I can't figure out how to fire a specific task.

Thanks,

John Behrends
Old 06-27-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
John Behrends is on a distinguished road

Got it figured out. I found an earlier post that mentioned the release item command. Moveobject worked, but did not include the processing time at either end of the move and did not use transport. releaseitem moves the item to the exit and fires the requisite triggers (including calling for transport). This did the trick.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Behrends For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (06-27-2012)

Tags
task fire

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to force the evaluation of the "send To Port" MoserGaudenz Q&A 1 06-23-2011 07:19 AM
How to interrupt active task and implement another task? Ilivid zheng Q&A 2 01-15-2011 02:30 AM
Combiner Features michaelsmith Gripes and Goodies 0 05-12-2010 03:35 AM
Combiner problem Angie Williamson Q&A 6 04-21-2010 09:04 AM
Combiner problem Simon Farsah Q&A 4 05-29-2008 06:34 AM