ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-04-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice
Default sending to two destinations by label wont work... in this case....why?

Hi, a colleague had this problem and i replicate it on a small model.

i send a message to a queue to create a flowitem and set a label on it named "port" with a value 1 or 2 set as the 3rd parameter on the message. the item goes to another queue wich chooses the destination by the value of the label "port" on the item.

this doesn't work... it always sends the item through the 1st port. only if i create more that one item, the 2nd and on will be sent to port set by the label.

i found that if i put a processor with time 0 between the queues the destination works as intended.. i think it might have to do with the order of the events, but i wanted some clarification on why this does not work...

regards

Pablo
Attached Files
File Type: fsm test_error_label.fsm (21.8 KB, 49 views)
Old 12-04-2013
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Queues release flowitems as soon as they are received - there's no delay at all so both queues' sendtoports are evaluated at the time you create the item. Just use stop and resume output before and after you create the part and it will work.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Tom David (12-05-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exploratory Simulation, a Case Study - Updated 03/2014 Lou Keller FlexSim HC: Tips & Techniques 0 09-15-2013 01:38 PM
Flexsim Case Studies Kenny Macleod Pre-sales Questions 6 02-18-2013 04:26 AM
How to use MTBF/MTTR in real case? Liang Wen Yin Q&A 10 08-22-2012 10:58 AM