ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 07-31-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
chaithanya m is on a distinguished road
Smile optimization of distances

In an hydraulic equi-pment manufacturing unit actually from the source that is raw materials actually i am trying to add/assign a label to the object that is coming from source/ raw materials store but i am not getting it how to assign rows and columns
Attached Files
File Type: fsm HYDRAULIC_UNIT_LAYOUT-FS1.fsm (112.8 KB, 59 views)
Old 07-31-2014
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Dear Chaithanya,

The question is not clear to me.I think you are asking how to add label tables to the flow items .Please follow the instructions for doing that.

Tools>FlowitemBin>Properties>Labels>Label Table >Add (number label / string label)> specify the number of rows & columns >Set size.

The commands like settablenum(label(current,"tablename"),1,1,15) can be used to edit label tables. I hope this is your requirement.If I am wrong ignore this reply.

Regards,
Arun KR
CCS,India
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Label Table.fsm (36.6 KB, 60 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
chaithanya m (08-15-2014)
Old 08-01-2014
Flexsim User

Thanq u very much for the reply
Old 08-01-2014
Flexsim User

Default optimization of distances

Dear

Arun sir

This is an hydraulic manufacturing unit actually here the transporter is going into the raw material stores for each and every object in flexsim software actually in the industry the transporter goes and brings All objects at a time in a trolley there are 50 objects in this file that i have attached how can i show in Flexsim that all objects are brought at a time To the processor in a trolley help me sir.

How to use label for knowing the distance travelled by flowitem from source to sink? Kindly give the logic like which command to use, where to use it and how to how to know the distance I am unable to do it.. i am attaching a file in which i have done not getting that please try in that file and post me back.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm HYDRAULIC_UNIT_LAYOUT-FS1.fsm (112.8 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by chaithanya m; 08-01-2014 at 06:56 PM. Reason: for clarity in query
Old 08-01-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Hi chaitanya,
First of all you need to set the capacity of the trolley to hold 50 items..Then from raw material object.,I believe it is a rack . You give “A” connection from rack to Queue to Processor .You will use Queue because you have to store a batch of 50 Flow items before releasing them to processor.Later you move flowitems from queue to processor one by one.

Here is a post of how to calculate distance traveled using label.
/showpost.php?t=2024&postcount=10
and adding to these post.Give center port connection from sink to Visual tool .In the visual tool you display label value as distance travelled or write to global table.You have to use settablenum() command for writing to global table.See the parameters in the documentation if you dont know how to write it.

Last edited by sagar bolisetti; 08-02-2014 at 05:37 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2014
Flexsim User

Default distances

thanq u very much sagar sir
Old 08-02-2014
Flexsim User

Smile optimization of distances

Dear sir

hi sagar sir actually u have told to hold 50 items at a time in a trolley but there is no trolley option in library howto use it what is the logic behind this sir
Old 08-02-2014
Flexsim User

sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Chaitanya,Please dont call me sir .You can use moving resources like transporter and operator in the library.There is an entry field in the operator "maximum capacity" there you can give the number of flowitems that the operator can carry at a given time.Trolley is the custom object that is formed with a mix of trolley with operator.It is a tricky bit to achieve that is a combination of custom code in the onload trigger of operator with Animation creator.

Your questions are very basic.Perhaps nobody will answer you if your questions are basic.I strongly recommend to go through manual, Practice problems and see tutorial vedios in the Flexsim media.It will be much helpful to you if you take basic training somewhere.I was in the same place 1 year ago

sagar
The Following User Says Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2014
Flexsim User

Smile Tracking the distances travelled by components

Dear

hi sagar

I am working on an Industrial layout unit i am trying to track the distances travelled by components in the layout for this i have used global modelling tools and i have given name in global table as distance and i have assigned rows and columns i have given the logics at source i.e Raw material stores, Transporter near to Raw material stores , Sink i.e. Finished material stores i am trying to track the distances travelled by components in the layout i am not able to do i am attaching a file in which i have worked.again attach a file back
Attached Files
File Type: fsm UNIT_LAYOUT.fsm (141.4 KB, 51 views)
Old 08-04-2014
Flexsim User

Chaithanya,
I have not completely looked into the model.But I understand what you are trying to do.Please don’t post the entire layout for the next time,because one has to see the entire layout for solving the specific problem just to help you.Just attach model with few objects and tell us what you are trying to achieve.
I have attached the sample model of how to calculate the distance traveled .The code is mostly written in source (oncreation),sink.( entry trigger), onload trigger(operator).I have displayed the distance traveled both in Visual tool and Global table.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Totaldistance.fsm (22.2 KB, 446 views)

Last edited by sagar bolisetti; 12-15-2014 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Uploaded attachment
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
Tom David (08-04-2014)
Old 08-06-2014
Flexsim User

Smile Tracking the distances

Dear

hi sagar

I am working on an Industrial layout unit i am trying to track the distances travelled by components in the layout for this i have used global modelling tools and i have given name in global table as distance and i have assigned rows and columns i have given the logics at source i.e Raw material stores, Transporter near to Raw material stores , Sink i.e. Finished material stores i am trying to track the distances travelled by components in the layout i am not able to do i am attaching a file in which i have worked.again attach a file back

Thank you for previous model sent and reply actually in the file u ave given ow to give the logic for the processors involved in layout how to give logic for at "processor" set up time for (no set up time ) and process time how to give it (by an expression) what is the logic behind this i have been stuck at this point and about "flow" send to port which option should be used what is the logic for this and rest all things i have logics i am looking to track the distances travelled by components the previous model attaced is in flexsim 7.3 idont have that version please upgrade that model to flexsim 6.0.2 for which there is an license there no license for flexsim 7.3
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Totaldistance.fsm (22.2 KB, 48 views)
Old 08-07-2014
Flexsim User

Hi chaithanya,
I'm not sure I fully understand what you're trying to do.If you open the processor window and choose the Top most processor there you will find two entry fields Processor time and setuptime.This functions returns the processtime and setuptime for the processor object.
If your intention is to give different process time depending on item type then there are already a threads discussed on this topic in an elegant way.
www.flexsim.com/community/forum/threads/thread2679
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=2187
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=2692
If you don’t want to go for advanced.Simply write an if/else if statement in process
time code edit window
if(getitemtype(item)==1)
{
return 9;
}
Returns process time 9 of itemtype1.The same thing applies to setuptime as well.
In the send to port there are options: Values By case,By Global table lookup.Which you can use for sending of items.I hope this is helpful.
Sorry I don’t have version 6.0.2 rightnow.You download trial version from your account and see the model.If i get it I will upload the model.

sagar

Last edited by sagar bolisetti; 08-07-2014 at 06:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2014
Flexsim User

Smile finding out distances travelled by components

Dear

I am trying to find the distances travelled by the components in an layout i am attaching a file in that at the rm stores at flow option after studying user manual i came to know first available option should be selected what logic should be provided there and at transport what logic to be given and operator how to give logic for load time and unload time by the expression and at pass to what is to be used out and at processor process time how to give by expression so that distances can be tracked.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm HYDRAULIC_UNIT_LAYOUT-FS1.fsm (129.1 KB, 46 views)
Old 08-19-2014
Flexsim User

Default distances travelled by objects

Dear all

The distances that is to found is the distance moved from source i.e raw material store to that of the sink i.e finished material store the requirement is to track through global modelling tools

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
optimization of layout naveenkumar Tips and Tricks 7 02-02-2012 06:00 AM
Optimization on CT Flavio Brito Container Terminal (CT) Library 4 04-11-2011 12:21 PM